Author Topic: Not Jeans  (Read 1624 times)

Agentorange

Re: Not Jeans
« Reply #15 on: 23:58:29, 27/11/19 »
Thanks one and all. I figured it was probably around drying out and water retention. I looked at some of the suggestions and I have to say so far I do like the look of the Mountain Warehouse ones, though it's hard to see how the Decathlon ones can be beaten on price.

Maybe investing in some thermals or long johns to keep me warm in winter as well would be a good route to go. though the notion of Long Johns does make me feel I should live on sour dough bread and beans and learn  to play the banjo ( I do love a stereotype )

Agentorange

« Reply #16 on: 00:02:44, 28/11/19 »

So given that you are in the equatorial region south of the Thames walking in jeans should never be problematic for you.

I'll have you know it can get pretty rugged down here in Kent  . Why, on several occasions I've gone at least, oooh....500 yards without seeing evidence of mankind.  ;D

jimbob

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: 00:31:29, 28/11/19 »
I'll have you know it can get pretty rugged down here in Kent  . Why, on several occasions I've gone at least, oooh....500 yards without seeing evidence of mankind.  ;D
Us northerners often wonder if there is any evidence of humanity doon there, :D but clearly there must be, as proven by yourself and your sense of humour 8)
Too little, too late, too bad......

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: 08:01:16, 28/11/19 »
I own two pairs of Decathlon hiking trousers, bought just over a year ago. They are really great, hard wearing, easy to wash, not baggy, not stretchy, quick to dry and they fit me perfectly. They were £7.99 each. When I hiked up to the top of Great Gable recently in the cold, I just wore my long johns underneath, no problems at all, my legs were as warm as toast.

My most expensive pair of hiking trousers were from Marmot, £70 but they are nowhere as good as my Decathlon's.

An excellent example of value for money trumping expensive brands.
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

Bigfoot_Mike

• Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: 18:39:26, 28/11/19 »
This is England...is there any such as 100% certain it won't rain ?  :)
Come to Scotland and you can be much more certain. If you can’t see the tops of the hills, it is raining. If you can see them, it is going to rain.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy