Author Topic: Fracking under national parks backed by MPs  (Read 6401 times)

agentmancuso

• Veteran Member
Re: Fracking under national parks backed by MPs
« Reply #30 on: 17:00:29, 02/01/16 »
The problem with fracking is that it inevitably floods water courses with toxic chemicals. Bad news.

Dyffryn Ardudwy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #31 on: 10:58:01, 03/01/16 »
Wind energy is certainly not the solution, the wind is so unpredictable, and over a certain speed, the turbines cannot operate safely.
Nuclear energy is efficient, but terribly expensive, and takes decades to come on line, with the inevitable WHAT DO WE DO WITH THE WASTE.

North Sea gas, will not last for ever, and its economically and politically unwise to rely on other nations, to supply our energy needs.

If there is so much natural gas available beneath us, in the form of shale gas, then the technology must be developed so that it can become a safe and reliant form of energy.

There is no point in sitting on the fence, and complaining its not safe for the environment, every type of energy, even wind, has some impact on our environment.

We need natural gas, its a commodity we cannot live without.

When its available in such huge quantities, it must be utilised in the safest way possible, best way for the environment, and the best way for the customer.

That makes huge economic sense.

Peter

• Veteran Member
« Reply #32 on: 14:17:23, 03/01/16 »
I get puzzled by those wanting nuclear bombs, but not nuclear power, want trident, but buy gas from Putin.

Some years ago I saw a documentary in which a guy lit his cold tap which then burned. Allegedly because of fracking. Now that just seems wrong to me. I know this government lies to us, and hides the truth. So I don't believe anything they say. Industry are the same,  they lie and conceal the truth.
Profit is before everything.
Other than vote and write emails to my MP, I can do nothing.
So many things are going to be 'great' for us, but aren't. We will be rich from north sea oil and gas..  ahh no it was the royal 'we'..
Those of you young enough to be around in the aftermath of this.. I bet its the 'fracking scandal'.. promises and reality.

Oh, and one thing good about Jeremy Corbin... he is honest.

Peter
sometimes I fall off the learning curve....
Join: Yorkshire Dales Walking Buddies
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1783012625307

phil1960

• Veteran Member
« Reply #33 on: 14:27:03, 03/01/16 »
I get puzzled by those wanting nuclear bombs, but not nuclear power, want trident, but buy gas from Putin.

Some years ago I saw a documentary in which a guy lit his cold tap which then burned. Allegedly because of fracking. Now that just seems wrong to me. I know this government lies to us, and hides the truth. So I don't believe anything they say. Industry are the same,  they lie and conceal the truth.
Profit is before everything.
Other than vote and write emails to my MP, I can do nothing.
So many things are going to be 'great' for us, but aren't. We will be rich from north sea oil and gas..  ahh no it was the royal 'we'..
Those of you young enough to be around in the aftermath of this.. I bet its the 'fracking scandal'.. promises and reality.

Oh, and one thing good about Jeremy Corbin... he is honest.
  O0
Touching from a distance, further all the time.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy