Author Topic: What's Your Latest Walking Kit Purchase?  (Read 295504 times)

mananddog

• Veteran Member
Re: What's Your Latest Walking Kit Purchase?
« Reply #690 on: 16:29:17, 22/03/19 »

A (for me) big splurge.
A new Exped  sleeping mat - much lighter than my current one which is sensationally comfortable so we shall see if this one is worth the saving in weight.

New very light waterproof trousers

New tent pegs - my titanium skewers have reduced in number cos they are easily lost - well I have lost 4 in 8 years.

Some dehydrated meals

All the above in preparation for my grand tour (400 Miles) of Wales with the new dog starting in a month.

GnP

• Veteran Member
« Reply #691 on: 16:47:30, 22/03/19 »
A Regatta three leg lightweight stool...have been finding it tricky to get somewhere comfy to sit when it is wet through the winter...have taken it on three walks now, and still not used it....as I have found great spots to sit on a rock..and logs... :o :o
A night under silnylon. Doesn't have the same ring to it.

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #692 on: 17:23:36, 22/03/19 »
I'm feeling very satisfied with myself today. I managed to buy three new tent poles (£15 from Germany, 'extremtextil,' came in three days) and with the help of a junior hacksaw I've managed to repair my tent. I was worried that I might have to get them bent to shape, but I solved the problem without having to worry about this.

sussamb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #693 on: 17:27:44, 22/03/19 »
They just happen to be the UK Government's office for EPIRB & PLB registration and SAR Co-Ordination centre.
They take the 'incoming' call from the satellites and then notify/activate the closest SAR team to the co-ordinates given.

Makes sense  O0
Where there's a will ...

jontea

• Veteran Member
« Reply #694 on: 19:37:12, 22/03/19 »
I'm feeling very satisfied with myself today. I managed to buy three new tent poles (£15 from Germany, 'extremtextil,' came in three days) and with the help of a junior hacksaw I've managed to repair my tent. I was worried that I might have to get them bent to shape, but I solved the problem without having to worry about this.

All set for the April meet up then Reg  O0
Walking is the world’s oldest exercise and today’s modern medicine.

https://www.johntrowsdaleart.com/

Instagram  jontea62

Rob Goes Walking

• Veteran Member
« Reply #695 on: 21:37:56, 22/03/19 »
A Helly Hansen Loke Jacket which will hopefully serve me better than my last waterproof and more importantly... a car! So now I can get to places I want to walk.

sussamb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #696 on: 18:48:41, 23/03/19 »
Finally decided to give walking poles a go to see if they are any good, in the past I've always decried them unless they're for those who need them due to some medical or other issue.  If I remember I'll post back after I've given them a bit of a workout :)

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00LCA4ZAI/ref=pe_3187911_189395841_TE_dp_1
Where there's a will ...

Percy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #697 on: 19:54:59, 23/03/19 »
I’ve just bought a sit mat from Millets for £2.50.

My last was blown from the side pocket of my rucksack in 60 mph winds on the Kentmere Horseshoe in January.

I sat down on a rock just after that and ripped my waterproof trousers, now repaired with tenacious tape but £2.50 is money well spent to stop it happening again.

taxino8

« Reply #698 on: 20:32:23, 23/03/19 »
Just ordered a Petzl Actik headtorch.
I didn’t bother with the Core version as I’ve enough things to charge already so just kept it simple with AAA’s.

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #699 on: 23:11:06, 23/03/19 »
Finally decided to give walking poles a go to see if they are any good, in the past I've always decried them unless they're for those who need them due to some medical or other issue.  If I remember I'll post back after I've given them a bit of a workout :)

Welcome to the dark side young Padawan.  May the Force help you on your chosen path.
Solvitur Ambulando

Pitboot

« Reply #700 on: 00:09:02, 24/03/19 »
Rab Vapour Rise trousers. Very comfortable indeed.

sussamb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #701 on: 06:49:08, 24/03/19 »
Welcome to the dark side young Padawan.  May the Force help you on your chosen path.

O0
Where there's a will ...

jontea

• Veteran Member
« Reply #702 on: 07:18:08, 24/03/19 »
I’ve just bought a sit mat from Millets for £2.50.

My last was blown from the side pocket of my rucksack in 60 mph winds on the Kentmere Horseshoe in January.

I sat down on a rock just after that and ripped my waterproof trousers, now repaired with tenacious tape but £2.50 is money well spent to stop it happening again.

Tim, I have a homemade seat mat, which I've had for about 8 years, and love it. Cut from an old sleeping camp mat, then taped with a polyethene liner. Folds in two then fits snugly on inner side of my pack.

The mountains I've sat on with that mat, I think I would genuinely cry if it blew away now  :'(

Instagram  jontea62

jontea

• Veteran Member
« Reply #703 on: 07:24:31, 24/03/19 »

They make a difference Jon, wouldn't be without mine.
 O0

Instagram  jontea62

sussamb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #704 on: 08:28:00, 24/03/19 »
They make a difference Jon, wouldn't be without mine.
 O0

So people tell me, but I'm still not convinced, time will tell  ;)
Where there's a will ...

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy