Author Topic: What's Your Latest Walking Kit Purchase?  (Read 292192 times)

fernman

• Veteran Member
Re: What's Your Latest Walking Kit Purchase?
« Reply #750 on: 16:49:45, 26/05/19 »
I think my desire for such a cheap price overruled sensible judgement!

I went to the site again, and started placing a bogus order, short of entering card details. There is no padlock symbol.
Also the models featuring the hats and garments have rather Chinese features.

kinkyboots

• Veteran Member
« Reply #751 on: 17:18:21, 26/05/19 »
NO, my Rab Vital has never arrived. I've written to the firm 4 times now and all I get back is an email showing me what I ordered and that I have paid for it.

The site is called 'On Line Store' and the site is www.prakashjiwadarts.co.uk. My item was ordered on the 1st May 2019, paid for by credit card.

The courier firm is identified as EMS.

This is the first time one of my internet orders has failed to arrive.

I would agree with the other comments as in my opinion it's clearly a scam website.

Regardless of how embarrassed you may feel at being scammed you do need to take immediate action.

It's not the £24.64 you spent that's the main problem it's the potential damage that they could already have done with your name, address and credit card details.

As I advised earlier in this thread contact your card issuer immediately with your concerns.

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #752 on: 13:16:32, 27/05/19 »
An update - I've already ordered new cards. I am a bit more confused this morning, my wife did a deep search through our finances yesterday evening and can find no trace of the £24 being taken out of our account. The online invoice, however, states that the payment has gone through.

I will not be returning to this site!

kinkyboots

• Veteran Member
« Reply #753 on: 13:36:18, 27/05/19 »
Depending on what information you provided to your card issuer they may already have taken action behind the scenes or it may be that the website was only after your personal details as part of an I.D theft scam and not the £24.64 payment?

Keep a close eye on all your accounts and check your statements carefully for the forseeable future just in case anything else untoward comes to light.

Hopefully this is a lesson learned and you are more careful the next time you order online.

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #754 on: 13:48:14, 27/05/19 »
But a bargain is a bargain!  :D

kinkyboots

• Veteran Member
« Reply #755 on: 13:55:23, 27/05/19 »
But a bargain is a bargain!  :D

I think you've probably had more than £24.64 worth of niggle, doubt, worry and inconvenience over this so called "bargain"!  ;)

I think you'll find that a bargain is only a bargain when I tell you it is.  ;D

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #756 on: 14:31:26, 27/05/19 »
Never shop at any site that is not https - from Chrome's own warning on the site "Your connection to this site is not secure. You should not any sensitive information on this site (for example passwords or credit cards), because it could be stolen."  Mr Prakash Jiwa is apparently an Indian darts player.
Solvitur Ambulando

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #757 on: 22:48:59, 28/05/19 »
NO, my Rab Vital has never arrived. I've written to the firm 4 times now and all I get back is an email showing me what I ordered and that I have paid for it.

The site is called 'On Line Store' and the site is www.prakashjiwadarts.co.uk. My item was ordered on the 1st May 2019, paid for by credit card.

The courier firm is identified as EMS.

This is the first time one of my internet orders has failed to arrive.
Was there not a EMS tracking number with the order? Says on their website there should be.  Very dodgy lookng website not secure plus no contact phone number or physical address anywhere.
On the plus side I can"t find it listed as a scam site anywhere I have searched.

Sonatine

« Reply #758 on: 20:16:42, 31/05/19 »
Inov8 Roclite 290s, £64 on ebay (new!).

Hope these keep me foot issue free, toe nail about to fall off after last walk. Toe box seemed to crimp on my toe. Fun times.

Bigfoot_Mike

• Veteran Member
« Reply #759 on: 20:40:47, 31/05/19 »
Hope these keep me foot issue free, toe nail about to fall off after last walk. Toe box seemed to crimp on my toe. Fun times.

Ouch. Hopefully, you don’t get any long term problems from this. I lost two in the past; one playing football, which grew back OK and the other from running, which damaged the nail bed. The nail has never grown back properly. It grows very thick and tries to grow into my toe.

Sonatine

« Reply #760 on: 20:56:12, 31/05/19 »

Ouch. Hopefully, you don’t get any long term problems from this. I lost two in the past; one playing football, which grew back OK and the other from running, which damaged the nail bed. The nail has never grown back properly. It grows very thick and tries to grow into my toe.

Yes hoping all will be ok, this is my third loss in 2-3 years. Others have come back ok, so fingers crossed this will be ok too, but I realise it can go wrong as you have experienced. I think I try to do too many miles, current loss was a 23 mile, previous loss a 30.

Did anyone see that guy who did a speed record on the Appalachian trail (now surpassed) who had no nails at all? Euch.

taxino8

« Reply #761 on: 21:21:45, 31/05/19 »
I’m expecting a Hilleberg Niak to be delivered tomorrow.
Found a new one on EBay and bargained it down to below £600 so I reckon I got a bargain and I have the Royal Mail Special Delivery tracking number so know it’s on its way.
I sold my last shotgun the other week as I haven’t used it for eight years and the proceeds of the sale paid for the tent with quite a bit left over so no moaning from my wife.
Hopefully this will be my last tent purchase!!

Jim Parkin

« Reply #762 on: 18:18:29, 04/06/19 »
I don't think you will be getting your Rab Vital at all, Gunwharfman, it looks like a dodgy site.
The is no address or phone number on the website and no information about the company.
The URL is not secure, it is http instead of https.
The name of the company would be enough to deter me from ordering from them, my prejudices plays some part part in this I know, but it would make me doubly cautious. There are also typos and grammatical errors in the FAQ.
Do you recall if there was a padlock symbol in the address bar when you placed your order?
It's time, I think, to report it to ActionFraud (a toothless organisation, but you might as well) and to contact your card provider to get your money back.
If it is a dodgy site, and they have gunwharfman's card number and security code, probably a good idea to watch out for any more purchases from them

sussamb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #763 on: 18:38:32, 04/06/19 »
Just collected a Merino wool buff and some Montane waterproof gloves, slowly getting together kit I need for the Spine Challenger  O0
Where there's a will ...

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #764 on: 18:54:34, 04/06/19 »

"You can never have too many Buffs"

-from the Spine website.
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy