Author Topic: pennine way pics  (Read 1553 times)

kkm

pennine way pics
« on: 00:33:30, 03/01/08 »
here's a few photo's i took along the PW......only problem is, i can't remember where a few of them were..... however they were taken on the first few days, so it narrows it down a little......

so if anyone knows?????

as you might have guessed, i've has a new toy for Christmas, and its now letting me dig out all my photo's and post them on here........sorry guys...... :)

walkinggirluk

• Veteran Member
Re: pennine way pics
« Reply #1 on: 11:21:49, 03/01/08 »
KKM, very flourishing pictures of your walk you have there, and hopefuly the weather will be kinder to you next time you.  Attempt it, but lovely pictures there, I do however like the fourth one as it look's  like a thunder strom coming in, and how grim it can get on the pennine way as we've been caught out so many times on this route and many other's from white out to full blown thunder strom's.  No matter how time's you'll walk a walk everytime will be different which is why we go back for more,  like you said 100 miles left of the pennine way for you both.  Here a question for you are you going to be just doing the 100 miles  you have left or start from Edale. 
peace and tranquillity in the countryside. clean your rubbish up after you  respect it.

clean it bin it

tonyk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 16:24:10, 03/01/08 »
 Hi kkm,

The second photo looks like its been taken near Kinder Downfall,third is Torside Reservoir  taken from high on Torside,fourth is the same at ground level.

Can you please explain why you are standing in heiko dachi outside the Nags Head?  ;D

kkm

« Reply #3 on: 23:21:55, 03/01/08 »
thanks for that guys... :)

the plan is to do the last 100 miles this year, and then i want another go at the whole lot at some point...

would also like to revisit a few of the places we past on route, including horton and hawes.

tonyk - i suppose it just comes naturally now? as i was carrying poles it at least stopped me from practising mawashi uke while i was walking.........! ;D

mike knipe

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 12:59:51, 05/01/08 »
Just to add a PW pic - here's one of a very nice camping spot between Alston and Hadrians Wall (30 metres off-route!)
Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

See the blog!  www.northernpies.blogspot.com

mike knipe

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 13:07:04, 05/01/08 »
Or there's this one.... (This is Byrness, I thought I'd been a bit exploited here - three quid for a shower and bring your own soap and towel - and mind out for the mad dog) Didnt get many customers for my ad-hoc cafe either.
And the garden where I camped was full of bees....
whinge whinge, moan, moan

Ive got a full set of PW pics by the way - so if anybody wants to know what something looks like (?eg the twenty miles hut??) - I can do requests!..  Maybe these should be under the LDP category, though eh?)
« Last Edit: 13:10:57, 05/01/08 by mike knipe »
Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

See the blog!  www.northernpies.blogspot.com

tonyk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 22:20:46, 06/01/08 »
 The third photo from KKM is Kinder Reservoir,not Torside as I had orginally thought.They look very similar but the giveaway is the small pond next to the reservoir.Someone posted photos they had taken on kinder and one shows Kinder Reservoir.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy