Author Topic: looking for info and tips for a newbie  (Read 1030 times)

armo

looking for info and tips for a newbie
« on: 01:28:26, 06/02/09 »
well we are ment to be going to snowdon this weekend to try and get to the summit but am thinking not going to be a good idea for some one who has never done it before,
was wondering if any1 could help out and lets us know any easy routes that would get us up there, how bad conditions are at min and if we may need crampons maybe, thanks

muymalestado

Re: looking for info and tips for a newbie
« Reply #1 on: 08:38:49, 06/02/09 »
Welcome armo!

Never laid eyes on Snowdon, but if you are asking these questions I would suggest considering something else for the weekend.  My impression of high places is that during these months they are for people who already have the answers well before they set out.

Good luck.
I think this next one will be the top ...

Cat

« Reply #2 on: 17:43:59, 09/02/09 »
You'd need ice axe and crampons on snowdon at the moment, you also need good navigation skills as the paths are covered in snow and difficult to follow.  Personally I'd tackle snowdon for the first time when it isn't thick with the white stuff.  The twice I've been up in the last few months the conditions have been extreme (people being blown off the mountain etc) and people are dying up there, try a lower level walk and summit snowdon in the spring instead if you're at all uncertain about your abilities.

armo

« Reply #3 on: 17:57:54, 09/02/09 »
hey there and thank you for your replys, we went to snowdon this weekend just gone and managed to make it to the top fine wasnt as bad as i first thought but we did have to buy some crampons which was prob the best thing we did,
thank you very much for your help

Cat

« Reply #4 on: 18:09:47, 09/02/09 »
Really glad you enjoyed and got some crampons, opens up a whole new level I've found.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy