Author Topic: Power Bank  (Read 1654 times)

myxpyr

Power Bank
« on: 08:32:30, 15/07/20 »
Anyone know of any power banks NOT manufactured in China?

watershed

Re: Power Bank
« Reply #1 on: 08:40:08, 15/07/20 »
Sorry my one is an ANKER 20000. I bought it because after a lot of reading reviews It appeared to be the best suited for my needs.

It didn't occur to me limit my choice  due to country of origin.
Should I have?

They do deliver to this country

myxpyr

« Reply #2 on: 08:45:53, 15/07/20 »
Sorry my one is an ANKER 20000. I bought it because after a lot of reading reviews It appeared to be the best suited for my needs.

It didn't occur to me limit my choice  due to country of origin.
Should I have?

They do deliver to this country
I am trying to do my bit towards a boycott of Chinese goods

WhitstableDave

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 08:54:35, 15/07/20 »

I'll be interested to see how you get on. Will you be getting rid of your existing stuff and replacing it with non-Chinese goods?

I've usually been perfectly happy with Chinese goods and I'll continue to buy them (or at least for as long as the US allows me to).
Walk, Jog, Run : our YouTube video channel.

Cooksbridge Monkey

« Reply #4 on: 09:05:15, 15/07/20 »
I'll be interested to see how you get on. Will you be getting rid of your existing stuff and replacing it with non-Chinese goods?

I've usually been perfectly happy with Chinese goods and I'll continue to buy them (or at least for as long as the US allows me to).
So you have no qualms about lining the pockets of a repressive, totalitarian regime as long as their goods are cheap and(possibly)produced by slave labour

Cooksbridge Monkey

« Reply #5 on: 09:11:45, 15/07/20 »
I'm not going to get into a protracted discussion about ethics; suffice to say I posted a question and would appreciate reasonable responses

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 09:17:14, 15/07/20 »
The OP asked about power banks which aren’t manufactured in China.  Answer that instead of getting into YET ANOTHER off topic debate.  This is a walking forum.  Go elsewhere if you can’t accept that.

OP - Mine’s a Kodak, I believe an American company.  Get a couple of full charges off it.  I’m happy with it.

Cooksbridge Monkey

« Reply #7 on: 09:25:30, 15/07/20 »
The OP asked about power banks which aren’t manufactured in China.  Answer that instead of getting into YET ANOTHER off topic debate.  This is a walking forum.  Go elsewhere if you can’t accept that.

OP - Mine’s a Kodak, I believe an American company.  Get a couple of full charges off it.  I’m happy with it.
Top marks for your reply on all counts. I'll have a look at Kodak

watershed

« Reply #8 on: 09:34:39, 15/07/20 »

Ok Thanks.

Kodak power banks are manufactured in India, so that should be OK.
No problems with slave labour there then.

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: 10:03:29, 15/07/20 »
We live in a global capitalist world so why try to boycott Chinese goods? As a capitalist, not something that I would do.

watershed

« Reply #10 on: 11:44:56, 15/07/20 »
Anyone know of any power banks NOT manufactured in China?

I'm not going to get into a protracted discussion about ethics; suffice to say I posted a question and would appreciate reasonable responses

As a matter of interest Is myxpyr and cooksbridgemonkey the same person?

Mel

• Veteran Member

watershed

« Reply #12 on: 13:04:52, 15/07/20 »
couldn't that be seen as unethical?

Look out someone might boycott both of you:)

GnP

• Veteran Member
A night under silnylon. Doesn't have the same ring to it.

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #14 on: 13:09:59, 15/07/20 »
'So you have no qualms about lining the pockets of a repressive, totalitarian regime as long as their goods are cheap and(possibly)produced by slave labour.'

How do you KNOW that the above sentence is accurate, have you any evidence to offer, etc, etc, etc and where do you get your information from?

I'm sure I read the other day that the UK has a problem with slave labour? If true, is the UK Government going to do anything about it?

I'm also sure that if I wanted to I could come up with, something equally unattractive about the UK, USA, Australia, Russia blah...blah...blah and lots of other countries as well but I really can't be bothered.

I apologise that I've responded but I find it very difficult to just turn the other cheek to such populist and simplistic nonsense!

On a lighter note the word 'ethics' reminds me that in the 70s many County Council staff were asked to go on a one-day training course. People like me in the west of the county thought it was going to be about 'ethics,' the people who attended from the east of the county (mainly those who worked with children) believed that they were going to attend a course about 'Airfix!' They were wrong, we all had a great laugh about the confusion and of course at the end of the day most of us had a great booze up in the pub!.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy