Author Topic: Walking with friends - a personal checklist  (Read 742 times)

Lee in Doncaster

• Veteran Member
Walking with friends - a personal checklist
« on: 13:29:38, 02/03/18 »
http://peakwalking.blogspot.co.uk/2018/03/walking-with-friends.html

Does anyone have any particular requirements that would need to be on their own checklist?
Walking every week in the Peak District...or somewhere else   http://peakwalking.blogspot.com

Maggot

Re: Walking with friends - a personal checklist
« Reply #1 on: 14:41:34, 02/03/18 »
We arranged a families get together last year in the New Forest, it was my wife and three of her friends from Uni.  I got the gig of booking the site because I used to live down there and I "know about camping and stuff"

The people involved were.......

Us- 2 children 15 and 17, all of us very active, we cycle, run, orienteer, walk long distances, camp a lot and have a Beagle

Other Family 1- a couple with two girls 13 and 9.  She barely leaves a chair, is just a little overweight and her husband tries to do at least one Ironman each year.  They do not camp and have 0 equipment

Other Family 2- Single parent, two children 3 and 5.  They have an old tent, but only two sleeping bags.  The children are not overly active and their mum is quite overweight

Other Family 3- Mum (husband working that weekend, lucky sod) and two rugby playing active boys aged 7 and 10, but one of them is [censored] scared of dogs

My task was......."Find somewhere suitable for all of us, that has nice showers and toilets, will hire out a tent and stuff (Family 1) is near somewhere to play, not too crowded, allows open fires and is near a supermarket, a pub and has 'something for the kids to do'"

We aren't going again this year  ;D

Dovegirl

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 15:11:17, 02/03/18 »
I'm a solo walker because I like the freedom it offers but on the rare occasions when I walk with one or two others I fall in with their plans or, if they're not familiar with the area, I'll suggest a route within their capabilities.   

Jac

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 21:57:44, 02/03/18 »
We arranged a families get together last year in the New Forest, it was my wife and three of her friends from Uni.  I got the gig of booking the site because I used to live down there and I "know about camping and stuff"

The people involved were.......

Us- 2 children 15 and 17, all of us very active, we cycle, run, orienteer, walk long distances, camp a lot and have a Beagle

Other Family 1- a couple with two girls 13 and 9.  She barely leaves a chair, is just a little overweight and her husband tries to do at least one Ironman each year.  They do not camp and have 0 equipment

Other Family 2- Single parent, two children 3 and 5.  They have an old tent, but only two sleeping bags.  The children are not overly active and their mum is quite overweight

Other Family 3- Mum (husband working that weekend, lucky sod) and two rugby playing active boys aged 7 and 10, but one of them is [censored] scared of dogs

My task was......."Find somewhere suitable for all of us, that has nice showers and toilets, will hire out a tent and stuff (Family 1) is near somewhere to play, not too crowded, allows open fires and is near a supermarket, a pub and has 'something for the kids to do'"

;D ;D ;D but would love to know where you eventually chose to go - and why you didn't develop a sudden bout of something frightfuly contagious.
So many paths yet to walk, so little time left

fernman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 08:59:23, 03/03/18 »

That could be interpreted as you made a complete cods-up of the task you had been entrusted with!

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy