Author Topic: Nice walk for my father and I?  (Read 729 times)

Obinice

Nice walk for my father and I?
« on: 23:05:20, 10/08/17 »
Hey folks! I'm back fresh from my long gruelling hike to Snowdon......from where we managed to park the car :P

I've been wanting to go on a little trip with my father because we never have! I figure a few hours walk from a parking spot somewhere in the Peak District to camp somewhere nicely away from the trails and prying eyes, spend the night and head on back to the car the next morning, but he's getting a little long in the tooth and has bad knees so he can't do anything too arduous. I can carry the weight for the both of us.

Can you suggest a nice spot for us to hike from/to? It goes without saying that we leave no trace.

Thanks!

pleb

• Veteran Member
Re: Nice walk for my father and I?
« Reply #1 on: 10:38:09, 11/08/17 »
You could allus wonder around ladybower reservoirs? Pretty flat, and refreshments are available at Fairholmes car park.
Whinging Moaning Old Fart

Obinice

Re: Nice walk for my father and I?
« Reply #2 on: 20:44:16, 12/08/17 »
Ladybower sounds nice, is there somewhere around there we can pitch that's a good long ways away from people? It seems pretty close to the road and a popular area so I'm wondering. We'll be packing our own food and filtering water so won't need refreshments but it's darn good to know what's around!

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy