Author Topic: Am I missing something?  (Read 1420 times)

pleb

• Veteran Member
Am I missing something?
« on: 12:00:53, 09/09/20 »
Is there a quicker way to get pics on here now I have a smartphone? Ta.
Whinging Moaning Old Fart

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
Re: Am I missing something?
« Reply #1 on: 14:02:42, 09/09/20 »
Good question. I don't know either.

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 14:14:25, 09/09/20 »
I haven't found many things (anything?) that are quicker with a smartphone as opposed to a PC.  Can't beat a keyboard and mouse/touchpad IMHO.   That last sentence must make me a high tech Luddite!  :D
Solvitur Ambulando

pleb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 14:41:30, 09/09/20 »
It bugs me when I read a trip report and would like mine to be similar, more writing. But it takes me ages cos of linking things in with postimage, I only have wireless Internet at home, so some times lose the signal a bit and have to reload, just takes so much faff.

beefy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 15:59:04, 09/09/20 »
It bugs me when I read a trip report and would like mine to be similar, more writing. But it takes me ages cos of linking things in with postimage, I only have wireless Internet at home, so some times lose the signal a bit and have to reload, just takes so much faff.
Type the words in a word document or notepad, then copy and paste later  8)
Leave only footprints, take only photographs, kill only time ...

fernman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 17:03:45, 09/09/20 »
Another tip I've learned (the hard way):

If you've logged on to the site for 60 minutes with the intention of posting something, and instead spend ages reading threads and looking in the Hikers Bar, then when you get round to writing your post you find you've become logged out when you click on the 'Post' button.

You lose everything you typed and have to log in and start writing again. It is really infuriating.

The solution: Copy your post and then if you have to log in again you can paste it onto the form.
Now if only I could remember to do that every time  :(

pleb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 17:07:55, 09/09/20 »
Haha thanks folks I must use my brain.

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: 17:50:39, 09/09/20 »
Yes, me too, if my 60 mins are up I either just copy it to a word document and recopy it to the Walking Forum, or I just highlight my entry and right-click 'copy.' I restart, get back to a reply box and then right-click again and 'paste.'

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: 18:00:06, 09/09/20 »
Yes, me too, if my 60 mins are up I either just copy it to a word document and recopy it to the Walking Forum, or I just highlight my entry and right-click 'copy.' I restart, get back to a reply box and then right-click again and 'paste.'
I have fallen foul of the 60 min limit occasionally.  I use Ctrl A Ctrl C if I have written a complex post I do not want to lose.  Running into the 60 min limit is a hint to "go an get a life" as is selecting the "always stay logged in" option when logging in.  :)
Solvitur Ambulando

fernman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: 18:21:54, 09/09/20 »
Ah, but how do you know your 60 minutes is nearly up?

Don't tell me you check the time when you log in, and then keep looking at the clock while your're  reading all the posts? I wouldn't put it past Ninthace though, he seems a lot more organised than some of us  ;D

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: 18:28:16, 09/09/20 »
For longer TRs, I used to write them as a text document and then cut and paste onto the forum, adding pics from imgbb as I went.

Now I write up on wordpress first (where I upload the photos), and then copy and paste the text into this forum. Still use imgbb to host the images for this forum though, a form of backup.
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy