Author Topic: 12 mile walk in Hampshire  (Read 797 times)

fit old bird

• Veteran Member
12 mile walk in Hampshire
« on: 10:36:55, 08/09/20 »
I did a 12 mile walk last week in Hampshire, a long way to go for one walk. It was supposed to be a one week holiday but the friend who's land I was camping on turned nasty so I left. Bit of a disaster, he is now an ex friend, but the walk was nice.

Link to the blog post.
https://meanqueen-lifeaftermoney.blogspot.com/2020/09/oh-i-do-like-to-be-beside-seaside-tra.html

ilona

Dovegirl

• Veteran Member
Re: 12 mile walk in Hampshire
« Reply #1 on: 12:40:50, 08/09/20 »
Enjoyed the TR and photos, and glad you were able to go in Ford Church   :)   

I've walked by the Arun from Arundel to Littlehampton and am also familiar with the coastal stretch to Middleton.

If you're down that way again, I can highly recommend walking at beautiful Chichester Harbour, which lies a bit further west.

Bigfoot_Mike

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 14:20:37, 08/09/20 »
I enjoyed the TR, but I believe you were in West Sussex, not Hampshire. I remember going to Littlehampton and Bognor Regis on the train as a child.

fit old bird

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 21:16:36, 08/09/20 »
I enjoyed the TR, but I believe you were in West Sussex, not Hampshire. I remember going to Littlehampton and Bognor Regis on the train as a child.

You are probably right. I am not familiar with the county borders down there. Thanks for the correction.

ilona

fit old bird

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 21:19:16, 08/09/20 »
Enjoyed the TR and photos, and glad you were able to go in Ford Church   :)   

I've walked by the Arun from Arundel to Littlehampton and am also familiar with the coastal stretch to Middleton.

If you're down that way again, I can highly recommend walking at beautiful Chichester Harbour, which lies a bit further west.

Thank you. I drove through Chichester and noticed that some of the roads were cordoned off with bollards. Dual carriageways were down to one lane to make extra cycle lanes. Silly idea, the traffic was gridlocked.

ilona

Jac

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 08:49:23, 10/09/20 »
Sad that you had to abandon your trip - a friendship going sour is horrid.
So many paths yet to walk, so little time left

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 20:37:51, 11/09/20 »
That looks a nice and varied walk  :)

I think my residence of choice would have to be a small castle!

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy