Author Topic: Ingleborough from Ingleton  (Read 4021 times)

KIDSTYPIKE

• Veteran Member
Ingleborough from Ingleton
« on: 07:32:00, 02/01/08 »
Don't panic ....I'm not back walking yet, but i'm hoping it won't be long. This is an old walk that I've just put on the website but one or two good pictures.
For those interested the pictures are in the Other Pictures section of the website

Dave
http://www.wainwright-wanderings.co.uk/

mike knipe

• Veteran Member
Re: Ingleborough from Ingleton
« Reply #1 on: 10:58:48, 02/01/08 »
Must go back to Ingleborough - I find , after checking, that I last climbed it ten days after the visit in your pictures. That day a pal and I left a car at Horton and drove to Ribblehead where we went  over Whernside, down to the Hill Inn, over Ingleborough and down to Horton.   Your pics are making me want to go back. I've just put Ingleborough on my list of things to do in 2008....
Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

See the blog!  www.northernpies.blogspot.com

KIDSTYPIKE

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 11:07:47, 02/01/08 »
Ingleborough as always been one if my favourires. I went up there 3 times last year, once from The Old Hill Inn , once from Clapham with the OFC and then again on the 11/11 from Ingleton. It never disappoints me.
Dave

mike knipe

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 11:32:10, 02/01/08 »
I'm very fond of it too - 28 ascents for me, but since 1970. (not counting a line search I was involved in in 1983ish when we visited the top eleven times in a few hours)  I've had lots of adventures both on the hill and under it (Gaping Gill)  and once camped on it in a thunderstorm. My brother's dog ran off into the hill fog in the morning with my brother following it in just his undies. He found the dog shortly afterwards, but couldnt find our tent and spent a fractious hour or so wandering about in the mist!  Luckily, we didnt have to explain the circumstances to a rescue team  and the dog was sent home the next day!
And my ancestors worked Bleak Bank farm in the 17th century, and many of them used the chapel at Chapel le Dale for marriages etc.
Its mine, obviously, but I let other people climb it!
Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

See the blog!  www.northernpies.blogspot.com

KIDSTYPIKE

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 12:33:29, 02/01/08 »
Its mine, obviously, but I let other people climb it!

Cheers Mike.....I'll remember that next time we go up. We've bivvied up there a few times, just in the summer months using the survival bags. Then an early start down to the cafe at Horton full a big breakfast and a pint mug of tea......bliss
Take care,
Dave

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy