Author Topic: Gentle walk ideas please  (Read 4173 times)

Lolly

Re: Gentle walk ideas please
« Reply #15 on: 16:32:47, 20/11/16 »
Flat trail along the eastern side of the famous Dambuster reservoirs, and there used to be a bus that would take you up . the road on the west side to the far end from the big carpark.

thank you  O0
Aiming high - one step at a time

Deolman

« Reply #16 on: 07:05:42, 21/11/16 »
Have you tried searching on Walkingworld.com. You can set your own criteria and the walk details include the route on OS map and gpx files.

Lolly

« Reply #17 on: 09:58:17, 21/11/16 »
Have you tried searching on Walkingworld.com. You can set your own criteria and the walk details include the route on OS map and gpx files.

Hi Deolman, I haven't heard of that website but thank you, I will look when I get home from work.  O0

Deolman

« Reply #18 on: 10:03:37, 21/11/16 »
Your very welcome. It is a subscription service but the cost per year is very small and it gives you unlimited access to the walks.  Alternatively you can purchase walks individually.  Another useful tool is that members can place their own comments on a walk hi-lighting any difficulties they may have encountered.

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: 10:09:15, 21/11/16 »
If it is web sites with walks on that you are interested in then can I add www.haroldstreet.org.uk and www.gpsies.com. The latter includes elevation profiles.
Also on GoogleEarth, if you tick the Wikiloc layer in the primary database overlay you can see walks in the area you are interested in.

« Last Edit: 10:46:57, 21/11/16 by ninthace »
Solvitur Ambulando

Lolly

« Reply #20 on: 12:13:32, 21/11/16 »
If it is web sites with walks on that you are interested in then can I add www.haroldstreet.org.uk and www.gpsies.com. The latter includes elevation profiles.
Also on GoogleEarth, if you tick the Wikiloc layer in the primary database overlay you can see walks in the area you are interested in.

Great thanks for your advice Ninthace, i'll check these out too when I get home  O0

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy