Author Topic: Is Brexit affecting your 2019 hiking plans?  (Read 7305 times)

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
Is Brexit affecting your 2019 hiking plans?
« on: 13:52:10, 28/11/18 »
It is mine! I want to hike a couple of long distance French hikes from May onwards and want to hike in Germany and Austria later in the summer, but have now decided I must just sit and wait to see what happens.

Annoying really, my bucket list of hikes to do is now gathering dust!

Owen

• Veteran Member
Re: Is Brexit affecting your 2019 hiking plans?
« Reply #1 on: 14:34:05, 28/11/18 »
In short no, I think if I wanted to go away in March I'd be more worried but by next summer I hope things will have settled down a bit. 

sussamb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 14:52:42, 28/11/18 »
No because it'll be stopped when we get a second vote, even Labour now suggesting it's likely  O0
Where there's a will ...

janner

« Reply #3 on: 15:10:38, 28/11/18 »
We never had any trouble traveling around Europe before we joined the EU so why do you think there will be when we leave? I have booked to go to Greece and do not expect any problems.

Owen

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 15:25:32, 28/11/18 »
No because it'll be stopped when we get a second vote, even Labour now suggesting it's likely  O0

O0

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 15:42:50, 28/11/18 »
Maybe you are all right, but I'm going to keep my powder dry and not pay out anything until I'm sure.

Dyffryn Ardudwy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 15:59:21, 28/11/18 »
The same here, somehow i cannot envisage Heathrow airport or any of the other major airports coming to a stand still next March.
None of the huge international financial institutions in the place they all refer to as THE CITY, as if it was the only city in the Uk, are shutting shop, scared to bits about what will happen on May 1st next year.

Its a lot of scare tactics from the London financiers, a lot of them who are current Mps, as most of them have second very lucrative jobs outside parliament, who will see the gravy on their plates provided by Brussels and EU dry up.

Brexit will have very little short term effect on joe public here in the Uk, as Germany still desperately need to sell their cars to their biggest customer ( the Uk) and all the trade from around Europe that arrives and leaves the Uk will still continue.

Brexit will only stop our plans if we allow it to. 8)

Its just over 16 weeks to armageddon, BRING IT ON

sussamb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: 16:40:47, 28/11/18 »
It's really only two weeks ... Vote in parliament will be the biggie  O0
Where there's a will ...

forgotmyoldpassword

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: 16:43:35, 28/11/18 »
Hopefully we'll get a huge rejection in Parliament, May being booted out and a second ref where we can do what the US did during the mid-terms and have policy pushed by something other than old duffers who aren't going to be around to deal with the carnage in ten years time.

That said, Corbyn couldn't fight his way out of a paper bag at the moment so I'm less than impressed by the alternatives.

pauldawes

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: 17:00:59, 28/11/18 »
It is mine! I want to hike a couple of long distance French hikes from May onwards and want to hike in Germany and Austria later in the summer, but have now decided I must just sit and wait to see what happens.

Annoying really, my bucket list of hikes to do is now gathering dust!

What do you think will happen that would stop you from travelling there and enjoying the walks...the countries aren’t moving.

I suppose these things are as difficult as people want to make them...but to affect your travel plans, our European friends would have to do something much crazier than any of our own Brexiteers have ever proposed.

sussamb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: 17:07:17, 28/11/18 »
 O0
Where there's a will ...

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: 17:08:20, 28/11/18 »
Brexit will have very little short term effect on joe public here in the Uk, as Germany still desperately need to sell their cars to their biggest customer ( the Uk) and all the trade from around Europe that arrives and leaves the Uk will still continue.
They said that to justify us getting favourable terms in the current negotiations - how did that work out?  Not a lot of good eating on a BMW anyway.

I have it sussed.  I am going hiking in NZ about the time it all kicks off and I'm flying with a non-European airline.  Hopefully you will all have it sorted while I'm away.  I have a postal vote just in case they go for a second  referendum.

I liked Treeza's comment to Jezza in PMQs today referring to his 6 bullet points for Brexit - "My shopping list for this weekend is longer than that!"
We are truly in the doodoo - Treeza has no support and I wouldn't put Jezza in charge of the rubber duck in the deep end of my bath!
Solvitur Ambulando

sussamb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: 17:10:54, 28/11/18 »
Exactly, which is why we the people will need to be asked again ...  O0
Where there's a will ...

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: 17:54:30, 28/11/18 »
Hopefully off to New Zealand for a few weeks.  So not affected by Brexit. O0

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #14 on: 18:33:07, 28/11/18 »
Hopefully off to New Zealand for a few weeks.  So not affected by Brexit. O0
See you on the Tongariro Crossing!
Solvitur Ambulando

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy