Author Topic: When was the last time you did it?  (Read 1922 times)

Owen

• Veteran Member
Re: When was the last time you did it?
« Reply #15 on: 11:27:11, 23/07/19 »
I was on the other one, the one overlooking Loch Earn.

barewirewalker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: 12:01:23, 23/07/19 »
We were in Maryport on Sunday, stopped there on the way down from Scotland and stayed another night. Went to look around the port after breakfast, as I put on my boots, Mrs BWW decided to do likewise. Measured our stroll afterwards, 5.3 miles.

Not a lot different in distance than our coastal walk on Bute 2 days before.

Spent 3 nights by Lock Awe, during that time Ben Cruachan looked very climbable for 2 days, perhaps I could get up there, but the MRT would certainly be called to bring me down, cast many a wistful look in her direction, but in the end I am glad of where I have been and where I can still get.

BWW
Their Land is in Our Country.

Hillhiker1

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: 12:11:17, 23/07/19 »
Last Sunday, Me and my eldest Cherub hiked Glaramara and Allen Crags from Seatoller and returned via the Styhead tarn path. O0

snaderson

« Reply #18 on: 13:23:10, 23/07/19 »
I was out with my walking group on Sunday around Musbury Heights, which is near Haslingden in Lancashire.  A steady 15km with a pub stop halfway (the Robin Hood).

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: 18:03:32, 23/07/19 »
I'm so jealous of you all finding/making/having the time to get out for something other than a walk to the shops or daily dog walk.

fit old bird

• Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: 18:49:49, 23/07/19 »

Yesterday 12 miles. Kilburn, Byland Abbey, Wass, Ampleforth. It was hot but thankfully windy.
Today only 4 miles. Kilburn up to the White Horse and back. Long climb up High Town Bank Road to the Gliding Club, then back down via the White Horse. So chuffin hot, no wind, it was a killer, couldn't manage any more. I'm home now, will post some pics when I put them on my blog.

ilona

vghikers

• Veteran Member
« Reply #21 on: 19:19:25, 23/07/19 »
I'm so jealous of you all finding/making/having the time to get out for something other than a walk to the shops or daily dog walk.
Last time was the TR I made here for 4th. July - you don't need to be jealous of me right now, my plantar fasciitus has returned after several years  >:( . I think I started it up again by foolishly stomping down a grassy lump at the pitch spot with my heel. I'm making progress with it but it'll be a while yet before I'm out again.

Rob Goes Walking

• Veteran Member
« Reply #22 on: 21:50:45, 24/07/19 »
About three months ago now. I'm not done with it though, I'll be back. Soon I think.

pleb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #23 on: 10:14:53, 25/07/19 »
Cannot upload any pics to flickr from last thursday-see my moan under photography  >:(
Whinging Moaning Old Fart

Doddy

« Reply #24 on: 15:04:12, 27/07/19 »
A month ago I finished the Maximiliansweg in Germany; 217 miles. Approach shoes ,shelter and pack. Wild camping and two Mountain Huts.

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
« Reply #25 on: 03:57:25, 28/07/19 »
Monday-Friday, walking shoes (too hot for boots) & waist belt (same applies re rucksack), along the path on the Durham coast, dropping down to various beaches to do some beach combing. That was actually the main purpose of my holiday & I found some fab stuff! I’ll be posting some pics soon :D  It was sweltering all week!
***Happiness is only a smile away***

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #26 on: 08:00:02, 28/07/19 »
A month ago I finished the Maximiliansweg in Germany; 217 miles. Approach shoes ,shelter and pack. Wild camping and two Mountain Huts.

Sounds, and looks idyllic. Any photos?
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #27 on: 08:02:22, 28/07/19 »
Monday-Friday, walking shoes (too hot for boots) & waist belt (same applies re rucksack), along the path on the Durham coast, dropping down to various beaches to do some beach combing. That was actually the main purpose of my holiday & I found some fab stuff! I’ll be posting some pics soon :D  It was sweltering all week!

Also sounds idyllic. What was your best find?
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy