Author Topic: A few days in the alps  (Read 2140 times)

pdstsp

• Veteran Member
A few days in the alps
« on: 14:05:52, 05/07/17 »
Afternoon all.  Just back from a few days walking in the French alps.  Three of us based ourselves in Argentiere, up the valley from Chamonix, and did a week of day walks, some around the Chamonix valley and others around the surrounding area.  My photo skills are close to non-existent but though these might be interesting.

Aiguille de Midi from the Brevent

Lac d'Emosson

Chamois at Lac d'Emosson

View across Lac Blanc

Mer de Glace from Balcon Sud

Bouquetain posing for a snap

We had a mixed week weatherwise but only got wet a couple of times, though it was s surprise to be walking in fresh snow on 30 June!

bricam2096

• Veteran Member
Re: A few days in the alps
« Reply #1 on: 15:10:34, 05/07/17 »
I look forward to seeing some of these vies with my own eyes in a couple weeks time  :)
LDWs done - 32 in total including 16 National Trails and 3 C2C

Wainwrights 176
www.brians-walks.co.uk

adalard

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 15:30:16, 05/07/17 »
Those pictures are breathtaking, what stunning views!  O0 O0

pdstsp

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 16:27:59, 05/07/17 »
Thanks chaps - Bricam I hope you enjoy the trip - I found Chamonix interesting but expensive, though Argentiere was less expensive.  The views were always incredible - even walking the Balcon Nord in the clag gave a feeling of height.  Highlight for me was a walk from Trient via the Chalet de Glacier up to Col de Balme - views were amazing even in the rain, though I didn't risk the camera much that day.  Lac Blanc walk was busier though we started at the Col de Montets so the first and last couple of hours were very quiet.  I fancied walking the Mer de Glace over to Hellebronne but couldn't persuade my friends that the descent from the Aiguille de Midi was safe, even with a guide!

Adalard - thanks for the comments - think its probably quite difficult to take a crap picture up there, even for me!

Paul

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 19:15:00, 05/07/17 »
Wow!  Lovely photos  O0
***Happiness is only a smile away***

April

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 23:49:58, 05/07/17 »
These are great photos, stunning place  O0
Hate will never win

pdstsp

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 11:02:05, 06/07/17 »
Thanks Sunnydale and April - much appreciated.  Sitting in the office it all seems a long time ago  :-[

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy