Author Topic: Firms that have treated us well!  (Read 1978 times)

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
Firms that have treated us well!
« on: 13:33:59, 29/11/19 »
My Cumulus (Poland) sleeping quilt seems to hold the heat less than it used to so I emailed Cumulus Pl. for advice. My quilt is now oiver three years old, possibly four and the Cumulus member of staff wrote back within 24 hours suggesting this and that, wash it, wash it properly with the proper cleaning liquid and If I want to I can send it back to them to look at, evaluate the problem and if possible they will rectify the matter for me at no charge. All I have to do is provide the postage there and back.

Earlier in the year, I sent back a pair of leaking Salomon Ultra X's to SportsShoes.com and the firm replaced them for me without a quibble at no cost other than my postage.

This sort of customer care I have to admit does influence me, I would have no hesitation in buying a product that I needed or wanted off of them again. A pity that so many other firms are less than helpful to their customers, Marmot, take note!

Sleepy

• Veteran Member
Re: Firms that have treated us well!
« Reply #1 on: 19:18:28, 30/11/19 »
I haven't dealt with them for a while as their quality seems to have gone down slightly and their prices up significantly (just my opinion) but Alpkit were always fantastic when it came to customer service and I gather they still are  O0

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 07:39:24, 01/12/19 »
Managed to get a compatible pre-formed alloy tent pole from Terra Nova for my 25+ year old Trisar tent. They were very helpful, although it did cost me £40.
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

Pitboot

« Reply #3 on: 07:51:14, 01/12/19 »
Plus one for Alpkit. I bought a fleece online but it was not what I was expecting, I went to a shop to explain the problem and the manager allowed me to swap it for something more suitable, AND they refunded the difference in price.

Mountain Equipment were brilliant. I had a very well used Snowline sleeping bag I bought in the 70s. The cover needed refurbishment but the down was lofting like it was new. Instead of using my old down in a new cover they asked if they could keep my bag for their archives and in exchange offered me a brand new one from their current range, I was made up! I ended up with a brand new Xeros.

fernman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 08:31:16, 01/12/19 »
they asked if they could keep my bag for their archives and in exchange offered me a brand new one

I must dig out some of my old gear!  ;D

Top marks to Multimat when my 13-months-old mat developed a leak (not a puncture), they sent me a new one immediately.

Skirrid

« Reply #5 on: 16:45:25, 02/12/19 »
I bought a Gore-tex shell from Outback Trading in Cornwall. The wire in the hood peak went after 10 months, so I sent it back. The shop owner was very helpful and even offered to lend me her husband's jacket as he had the same model. Of course I didn't accept the offer, but it was a very nice gesture.
On the other hand the product was TNF and as a company they were hopeless.

Many years ago I bought a Garmin Oregon 300 from Wiggle. I found the device to be very inaccurate at times, so contacted Garmin who were no help at all. I then contacted Wiggle who immediately agreed it was unfit for purpose and gave a full refund despite it being 6 months old.

MudMagnet

« Reply #6 on: 14:06:01, 08/12/19 »
Another plus for Alpkit.  Excellent customer service.  Can't fault them.

Pitboot

« Reply #7 on: 15:31:37, 12/12/19 »
I'll add Fjern to my list of good books companies.
Last January after a freezing visit to Hungary I decided I needed an affordable down jacket for travel and also when walking. I found Fjern on the Sportspursuit site. I've had a couple of bargains from them in the past and the Fjern jackets looked the dog's.
The jacket I received had a problem with the hood, overfilled with down and flopping around so as to be unusable on the hill.
I finally got around to contacting Fjern's customer services and they could not have been more helpful, arranging the free return of the gear and sending me out a replacement which arrived today.
It's an Arktis II hooded down jacket, check it out, only £99.

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: 17:06:27, 12/12/19 »
I nominate:

Ordnance Survey.  Within 2 hours of complaining that some of my routes had disappeared from the mapping website and the app, they had resinstated them and sent an email telling me how many files they had found missing and apologising for the inconvenience.

Osprey for sending me a free replacement seal for my water bladder lid that had started to go mouldy even though it was several years old and an obsolete model.
Solvitur Ambulando

Jac

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: 08:05:42, 13/12/19 »
Another vote for Wiggle and Alpkit
So many paths yet to walk, so little time left

scottk

« Reply #10 on: 00:11:03, 15/12/19 »
Salomon have been great for me. Bought some boots from Activinstinct (not realising they are part of JD Sports). Returned them to Activinstinct when they started leaking and they couldn’t find a fault. Got in touch with Salomon and sent them a video of the leak and got a new pair.
These are Ultra 3 mid gtx and are my favourite boots (I have 4 pairs) but they are known to leak. But the warranty is 2 years and Salomon are pretty good about it.

snoopdawg

« Reply #11 on: 17:01:34, 15/12/19 »
Mountain Equipment for me as well. Bought a helium inflatable mat but didnt get a chance to use it in the year I bought it. On using it 18 months after purchase found that it leaked and couldnt be used as a mat. Contacted ME who agreed to replace even without receipt.

Owen

• Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: 17:59:15, 15/12/19 »
Breamar Mountain Sports, I brought a pair of cross country skis off them two years ago. For various reasons I've not yet used them but on looking at them a few weeks ago I noticed a part of one binding was missing. I rang them and sent a photo, they sent me a replacement set of bindings by return post.

Stube

« Reply #13 on: 12:54:06, 16/12/19 »
Sealskinz: I was given a pair of their waterproof socks, and on their first outing I trod on a hawthorn spike which went straight through the sole of my (cheap) boot and socks and big toe!
I emailed Sealskinz saying what had happened and what was their recommendations to effect a repair? Their response was: "Send the socks to us and we'll replace them - they can't be repaired" So I did and back came a new pair!

I've since worn that pair out.

Magic girl

« Reply #14 on: 13:01:16, 01/01/20 »
Yes agree that alpkit customer service is excellent and I've also bought numerous things from sportshoes.com,I've also had great customer service from Trekkit,I've also got quite a few bamboo base layers and leggings from a company called Bam and always had excellent customer service from them.I definitely think it influences my decision to shop with them again if I get excellent service x

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy