Author Topic: What's Your Latest Walking Kit Purchase?  (Read 292407 times)

fernman

• Veteran Member
Re: What's Your Latest Walking Kit Purchase?
« Reply #630 on: 22:39:50, 19/01/19 »
I looked at them on there today when I was composing my 14:09 post. No doubt you bought the one that was £10 less than the other seller?

Well, you can let me know what that one weighs when you get it! :)

taxino8

« Reply #631 on: 03:40:41, 20/01/19 »
I looked at them on there today when I was composing my 14:09 post. No doubt you bought the one that was £10 less than the other seller?

Well, you can let me know what that one weighs when you get it! :)
I’ll weigh it
This is the one I’ve ordered
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01IQXDTFA/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

jontea

• Veteran Member
« Reply #632 on: 08:36:05, 20/01/19 »
After a couple of late finishing walks in the dark, I decided I needed to invest in a more substantial head torch. I currently have a Petzl e lite and a cheap one from Tesco for £10 I’ve had for years.

So I’ve gone for the Petzl Myo RXP.

I’m hoping it’s a good choice  :)
Walking is the world’s oldest exercise and today’s modern medicine.

https://www.johntrowsdaleart.com/

Instagram  jontea62

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #633 on: 08:50:58, 20/01/19 »
Unlikely to go wrong with Petzl.
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

Sonatine

« Reply #634 on: 16:19:27, 20/01/19 »
My old Karrimor 25L ish rucksack is 17 years old and starting to go a bit fluffy, so I thought I needed a new low capacity bag - have gone for a Berghaus Fast Hike 32L. I haven't tried yet, but I'm confident I can use as a 2-3 day bag with tent, bag, pad, cooking gear etc., and if I can get my Helinox chair in there too, bonus!  O0

taxino8

« Reply #635 on: 19:17:45, 21/01/19 »
I'll be very interested to know what yours weighs.

It was in Goal Zero's Tech Specs as 68g, but mine received for Christmas is 78g on digital scales.
I took it up with them, response was a bit slow, they thought maybe I was talking about the wrong lantern, I had to send them photos, and the end result amounted to little more than 'we'll look into it'.
I just checked on their website, they've since dropped the grammes from the specs and just state 2.4oz - which converted is 68g. Amazon, meanwhile, says 73g.
I’ve just weighed mine and it’s 78g too.

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #636 on: 19:36:54, 21/01/19 »
I hate to admit it, I resisted for as long as possible, but I bought a bluetooth selfie stick today. I'm being nagged by my son and his wife to provide more photos when I'm hiking, they want to see some of me in them, rather than taking straightforward landscape views.

April

• Veteran Member
« Reply #637 on: 19:38:43, 21/01/19 »
https://www.ultralightoutdoorgear.co.uk/equipment-c3/lighting-c30/lanterns-c163/lighthouse-micro-usb-rechargeable-lantern-p8001

I’ve just weighed mine and it’s 78g too.

I have one of these, bought it last year and used it when we wild camped. Mine weighs 78g too, just weighed it. I really don't care if it is 10g heavier than advertised, it is a great lantern. Perhaps the weight listed didn't include the battery or summat?  :-\
Hate will never win

taxino8

« Reply #638 on: 19:47:16, 21/01/19 »
https://www.ultralightoutdoorgear.co.uk/equipment-c3/lighting-c30/lanterns-c163/lighthouse-micro-usb-rechargeable-lantern-p8001

I have one of these, bought it last year and used it when we wild camped. Mine weighs 78g too, just weighed it. I really don't care if it is 10g heavier than advertised, it is a great lantern. Perhaps the weight listed didn't include the battery or summat?  :-\
Same here, 10g is nowt, especially compared to the weight of wine I carry! LOL.

April

• Veteran Member
« Reply #639 on: 19:56:11, 21/01/19 »
Same here, 10g is nowt, especially compared to the weight of wine I carry! LOL.

I carry the lantern, beefy carries the wine. I don't mind the 10g extra either  :D
Hate will never win

alan de enfield

• Veteran Member
« Reply #640 on: 11:36:52, 24/01/19 »
Aldi - This weeks 'specials'

Merino wool Glove liners £5.99 - seem OK now for the trial.

They also have merino wool (50%) long socks and Merino wool beanie hats and balaclavas.

forgotmyoldpassword

• Veteran Member
« Reply #641 on: 14:08:07, 24/01/19 »

They also have merino wool (50%) long socks and Merino wool beanie hats and balaclavas.

That is pretty decent.  It really irritates me when the 'premium brand' companies put out liner gloves for £20-25 each - and they still fall apart with a similar amount of use.  Well worth it for winter use when you end up pulling the inner out of your main set of gloves otherwise.

alan de enfield

• Veteran Member
« Reply #642 on: 15:32:42, 24/01/19 »

Update :

Been for an afternoon '5 mile mooch'.

I 'walk hot' so would normally just wear a thin pullover and no gloves but it was 2.5*C today so tried out the liners on their own.

I walked the 1st 2 miles wearing just one 'glove' and that hand was comfortably warm (maybe almost 'clammy') whilst the hand without the glove was definitely on the 'cold' side of comfortable.
Put on the 2nd glove and within half-a-mile both hands were now comfortably warm.
Walked another 3 miles and, for the 1st time really noticed how cold my wrists were (warm hands, warm arms but the gap between was very chilly)

I am Diabetic and do suffer from poor circulation so these will be staying with me.
At 42 grams for the pair they can live in the pack until needed

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #643 on: 17:10:40, 24/01/19 »
I've just bought myself an Aldi reversable merino beanie hat, grey/black, £5.99.

Ronin83

« Reply #644 on: 18:33:06, 24/01/19 »
I did check these today. I guess £5.99 isn't bad for merino, but the gloves seemed badly stitched and inconsistent. Also the beanie was packaged so I couldn't try it on.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy