Author Topic: The GB three Peaks on foot all the way  (Read 818 times)

skyetbc1997

The GB three Peaks on foot all the way
« on: 13:40:19, 15/12/13 »
Our next planned trip next year is going to be doing the Three Peaks on foot all the way(Not sure which way round to walk it yet, though).  After not being able to find someone to drive for us to do the standard Three Peaks challenge, my brain started ticking over, and I came up with the idea of walking all the way.  We are going to trek a lot of the same way that we went when we did LEJOG (WHW, Forth and Clyde/ Grand Union canals, SUW, Pennine Way, cut across to Lake District, cut back again to Pennine Way).  After that we will probably cut across country using the North Cheshire way but I am looking for some different options of how to walk the last bit to Snowdon.  A couple of ideas have come to mind; walking the Welsh coast path and then swinging in or possibly doing the Pilgrim's Way.  I have also looked at  some little back paths between some places.    I am looking for some ideas as, from our experience while walking LEJOG, we soon discovered that a lot of these new so called "national" footpaths showing on OS maps are nothing more than local back footpaths with not very good signage on them when you actually get 'on the ground'.

Any ideas from anyone who has walked the Cheshire/Wales footpaths would be really useful.

Thank you.

:)
HOME IS WHERE THE TENT IS!

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy