Author Topic: Walking fourm meet up Langdale  (Read 3828 times)

ukmase

• Veteran Member
Walking fourm meet up Langdale
« on: 23:36:56, 04/12/07 »
Here is my report on the meet up

http://ukmase.wordpress.com/

no photos as of yet. Cheers for a great weekend everyone. loved it

KIDSTYPIKE

• Veteran Member
Re: Walking fourm meet up Langdale
« Reply #1 on: 06:42:56, 05/12/07 »
Just read your report UK, with the weather as it was you did the best thing just going up to the tarn. I bet the waterfalls looked great with all the rain.
Dave
http://www.wainwright-wanderings.co.uk/

Mr. Blister

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 09:26:52, 05/12/07 »
Good little report, mate.

Still feel bad that I couldn't have made it, but you know how it is - circumstances n'that.  ;)

PS - I sent you mail!  ;)

ukmase

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 12:07:09, 05/12/07 »
Yes the waterfalls were certainly raging, would not of fancied a paddle in the stream.

No worries Blister - next time

summitzero

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 12:32:29, 05/12/07 »
It was a pleasure walking with you  O0

Tesco Rocks
Are we there yet ?   http://walkingforlife.piczo.com

darksky

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 20:29:05, 05/12/07 »
just read report on your site..,very good Paul i must say{so professional} and the report on Ben Nevis excellent pal..,
'''get out there and experience as much as you can its beautiful and have yourself alotta fun doing it'''

ukmase

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 20:42:23, 05/12/07 »
Thanks for the comment mate. Just been looking and them two Pikes which we could see at the tarn are on the Wainwright list.  There is one more that is just out of sight.

I am going for all three when i return to Langdale, i have already got the to route in my head. ;)

Wikipedia is a great source of info on the Lakes, loads of good info.

KIDSTYPIKE

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: 09:42:14, 06/12/07 »
Thanks for the comment mate. Just been looking and them two Pikes which we could see at the tarn are on the Wainwright list.  There is one more that is just out of sight.

I am going for all three when i return to Langdale, i have already got the to route in my head. ;)

Wikipedia is a great source of info on the Lakes, loads of good info.

From Stickle Tarn it is fairly easy going to do 7 tops which are on the Wainwright list.  Pavey Ark, Sergeant Man, High Raise, Thunacarr Knott, Harrison Stickle, Loft Crag and Pike O'Stickle.
We did the first 5 in one walk in February. Walk No.18 on our site.

Dave
http://www.wainwright-wanderings.co.uk/

ukmase

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: 11:55:55, 06/12/07 »
Cheers Dave, 7 sounds a but better than 3.  Did you come up and around the face of Pavey Ark or did you go found the back for the scramble.

http://www.wainwright-wanderings.co.uk/   the No.1 site for Lakes info  ;)

darksky

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: 14:09:06, 06/12/07 »
Dave you mentioned that there are 7 peaks including Pavey Ark but what im asking is did you climb Pavey Ark as thats what im really interested in doing as it looks like a difficult but exillerating climb from what ive seen on you tube, idealy i supose its best to do it in dry weather but im going to attempt it in next couple of weeks hopefully with the help and support of SZ.
'''get out there and experience as much as you can its beautiful and have yourself alotta fun doing it'''

KIDSTYPIKE

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: 14:11:20, 06/12/07 »
Cheers Dave, 7 sounds a but better than 3.  Did you come up and around the face of Pavey Ark or did you go found the back for the scramble.

http://www.wainwright-wanderings.co.uk/   the No.1 site for Lakes info  ;)

My days of doing Jacks Rake are long gone I'm afraid. Anyways no way would I persuade the wife up it. We went round rge right hand side of the tarn and up what is known as the "North Rake".
Dave

KIDSTYPIKE

• Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: 14:16:25, 06/12/07 »
Dave you mentioned that there are 7 peaks including Pavey Ark but what im asking is did you climb Pavey Ark as thats what im really interested in doing as it looks like a difficult but exillerating climb from what ive seen on you tube, idealy i supose its best to do it in dry weather but im going to attempt it in next couple of weeks hopefully with the help and support of SZ.

DS,
I haven't been up Jack's Rake for about 5 years or so, I just enjoy sitting and watching the younger,fitter peeps making there way up. Obviously best in the dry but as long as there's no ice about I wouldn't say owt to put you off.
Dave

darksky

• Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: 14:51:35, 06/12/07 »
cheers Dave..,i know its probally best to do it in the dry but i really dont want to wait that long plus as long as im carefull and sensible it should'nt be a problem, after all i asume many peeps have done it in not so perfect conditions eh?

walkinggirluk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: 22:04:31, 06/12/07 »
Excellent little write up there Ukmase liked it very clean cut .  I still can't believe your tent and all for 20 pounds now that's a bargain.  Ukmase  is it OK to use this to put my pictures up on over the weekend I'll put them up as we're off over the weekend.   
peace and tranquillity in the countryside. clean your rubbish up after you  respect it.

clean it bin it

walkinggirluk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #14 on: 22:44:24, 06/12/07 »
I really can't believe this as I thought we taken more pictures than this but we didn't as batteries went.  But here we go.

peace and tranquillity in the countryside. clean your rubbish up after you  respect it.

clean it bin it

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy