Author Topic: Mountain Rescue Mountain Advice  (Read 10457 times)

yeti

• Veteran Member
Re: Mountain Rescue Mountain Advice
« Reply #45 on: 21:53:38, 05/10/12 »
Right that's decided I'm only wearing a ninja costume from now on.. O0
A gore-tex ninja costume you mean? ::) :P ;D
R.I.P. Dave.

iiswoz

• Veteran Member
« Reply #46 on: 01:19:48, 06/10/12 »
Ninja's like to wear blue tops, jackets, with grey, black pants round ere.
Honi soit qui mal y pense

TheGUYuk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #47 on: 01:59:45, 06/10/12 »
You know I only thought I would  post a link to Mountain Rescue advice to help ::) :D :D ;D ;D :o
I did not know it would start a war  ;) :D ;D :D :( ??? ::) :-[ :-X

Ridge

• Veteran Member
« Reply #48 on: 08:19:13, 06/10/12 »
I've obviously not put enough thought in to the sartorial elegance of my walking outfits. The colour just depends on what I happen to have on for the weather, or what layer is on show.

Cold & wet = red & black
Cold & dry = blue & red
Cool & wet = red & black
Cool & dry = blue & grey
Warm & wet = black
Warm & dry = blue
Hot & wet = black
Hot & dry = blue & red & green

Like most people I guess the colours have ended up accidental as I have bought things that suit what I want and what I can afford.

robstubbs

• Veteran Member
« Reply #49 on: 09:57:33, 06/10/12 »
Yes but there is no need to directly criticise someones post containing their opinion.
Hopefully those concerned will one day learn to respect others opinion even if it does conflict with theirs.
However this is going nowhere so there will be no further comment from me, except to say to everyone, enjoy your walking and stay safe out there.
Hey, give and take mate.  You seem happy to call others opinions ridiculous so don't be surprised if it bounces back.  I'll admit I was certainly being slightly facetious at times, but my point stands, you do not need bright clothes to go out walking and it doesn't make you safer.

Rob.

TheGUYuk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #50 on: 10:27:14, 06/10/12 »

Cannot wait for you to post the photos of you at the Trig Points Paul :D ;) ;D 8) O0

BorderCollie

« Reply #51 on: 11:33:49, 06/10/12 »
The farmer in the cow video said not to wear bright clothes to be safe from cows  8) Seems like we are in a difficult place.

TheGUYuk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #52 on: 13:56:56, 06/10/12 »

Here you go Coggy Mate O0
This Ninja suit is made in a time-honoured manner. It is used by students and instructors world wide. The top is a customary wrap over incorporating secret pocket. The pants have calf ties and traditional ties to the waist. The outfit is complete with inner and outer hood, gauntlets, hand cover gloves and sash. Made from 100% cotton. Excellent for the traditional Ninjitsu practitioner and can even be used as a Ninja costume for those fancy dress parties.
Just wash it with Nikwax it will be right mate :) ;) :D ;D O0
http://www.blitzsport.com/Adult-Ninja-Suit

iiswoz

• Veteran Member
« Reply #53 on: 12:38:11, 08/10/12 »
Ninja's are overated anyway. Sneaking around in the dead of night looking to murder someone.
 Me, well i fancy myself as a samurai ! You know, all  honorable like. Might even buy myself a walking pole and position it like a Catana :D
Honi soit qui mal y pense

April

• Veteran Member
« Reply #54 on: 12:57:56, 08/10/12 »
Perhaps the bloke who walks around naked and keeps getting arrested and jailed is simply confused or unsure what colour to wear?!! ;)
Hate will never win

yeti

• Veteran Member
« Reply #55 on: 13:05:24, 08/10/12 »
Perhaps the bloke who walks around naked and keeps getting arrested and jailed is simply confused or unsure what colour to wear?!! ;)
I suppose its waterproof and very breathable :D
R.I.P. Dave.

Wurz

• Veteran Member
« Reply #56 on: 17:37:31, 08/10/12 »

Why not. If you hire any person to do a job for you and he turns up looking like last weeks washing then you are going to think that his work is like his attire, sloppy. If you present yourself well then you talk confidently and well spoken it makes you seem more professional. You might be [censored] at guiding but you look the part. You have to remember first impressions last. Most people will have never met you until you introduce yourself. If you look smart and confident then you settle the client as well. If you look sloppy and ill prepared you will worry the client. Its still basic Customer service whether you are a guide or a receptionist at a company desk. You are the first face of the business.   

Sorry, been away.  You didn't say how he was attired simply referred to the colour.  FWIW I think the majority of guides that I've been lucky enough to spend time with have been quite brightly dressed.  But all that they really need to show competence for me is a little badge not matching salopettes and gilet. 

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy