Author Topic: Coleman Rigel x2  (Read 3122 times)

darksky

• Veteran Member
Coleman Rigel x2
« on: 13:27:11, 12/04/08 »
 Does anyone have one of these ? and if so what are your thoughts on it?   I am thinking about buying one as it only ways 950grams.., I did want a good Bivvy but there alot more exspensive and weigh the same as the coleman rigel x2,  i did want just a 1 man coleman, but i prefer the shape of the rigel x2 to the 1 man version, plus the 1 man version weighs nearly 2kg and the 2 man version weighs only 950grams, that abit weird i think. anyway on the coleman website its priced at £79 but ive seen it elsewhere for £60, Any thoughts or advice about it anybody?
'''get out there and experience as much as you can its beautiful and have yourself alotta fun doing it'''

Solofool

Re: Coleman Rigel x2
« Reply #1 on: 23:39:06, 14/04/08 »
having read a few reviews on the tent, it seems ok, except for ventilation and head height, one thing i look for in any tent is the ability to sit up and enjoy an evening if raining heavy or gets dark earlier. So not sure how tall you are but check the head height m8y.

darksky

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 17:04:38, 24/04/08 »
Thanks solofool.., there are a few im considering, the coleman rigel x2 is excellent for weight as its only 960grams..,but am now looking at the new jack wolfskin 1 man.,and very much considering the Mountain HardWear Sprite 1, priced at £140.
« Last Edit: 22:22:47, 25/04/08 by darksky »
'''get out there and experience as much as you can its beautiful and have yourself alotta fun doing it'''

thisismusic

« Reply #3 on: 14:34:59, 26/05/08 »
If you haven't already bought the coleman, don't. I was using it in heavy rain on the ridgeway this weekend and it's not up to the job at all. Leaked quite badly and there's a design flaw with the vent - strong wind lifts it up and blows through it right into your face. Not a pleasant night!
“It seems to me that the natural world is the greatest source of excitement; the greatest source of visual beauty" - David Attenborough

darksky

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 22:36:14, 26/05/08 »
cheers anyway pal, but got my heart set on a mountain hardwear sprite  O0

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy