Author Topic: Going for a stroll..  (Read 425 times)

the white nomad

Going for a stroll..
« on: 20:35:13, 01/08/11 »
Evening all ,i would like some of wordly advice please. I am planning on a five day stroll around the Wester Ross area of Scotland starting this Sunday, i usually go cycle camping but have a week to spare and would like to get into the wilds and away from civilisation. I just am wondering what equipment and clothing i am likely to need? I am guessing a water filter pump or purification tablets ,a good quality pair of waterproof boots and layers fo clothing but should i take waterproofs and gaiters and a midge net?
On the food front i plan 3 days of packet food and getting to a village half way round for more supplies.Il obviously take a tent, sleeping bag and mat and cooking equipment.
Advice greatly appreciated thanks. :)

alec1

Re: Going for a stroll..
« Reply #1 on: 20:59:28, 01/08/11 »
You should definitely without question be taking waterproofs haha. The rest of the UK is bad enough, but I can only imagine how bad and crazy the weather is up in Scotland and I live in Wales.

If you are going on a few days expedition then you need waterproofs.  A midge net and gaiters are not crucial though, if you have them, and you can cope with the extra things then why not, if you don't I wouldn't worry too much about them.

You seem to know what you need to take though...... if you are struggling I have written a kit list [nofollow] for an over night expedition, it wont be exactly what you need, but will hopefully give you an idea and just play around with it.
The expedition kit list - What to pack! | Like Hiking [nofollow].  

[font=georgia, 'times new roman', 'bitstream charter', times, serif]PS.. lots of spare and dry socks wouldn't go too badly either :)  
Hi feel free to check out my blog @

www.likehiking.com [nofollow]

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy