Author Topic: Where are folks walking this weekend?  (Read 300207 times)

The Wondering Wanderer

Re: Where are folks walking this weekend?
« Reply #2430 on: 15:41:17, 09/05/18 »
Any suggestions for a nice wooded family walk in buckinghamshire? Other than wendover woods. I'd like to go somewhere new.

Thanks in advance.
I'm wondering about wandering and wonder where I might wander if I wander while I wonder.

Ridge

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2431 on: 07:45:03, 12/05/18 »
Trainers not boots today, I am going for a walk by the Thames. Youngest Ridge has to go to Waterloo so I'm going to pick up the Thames Path and head west then either find transport to get me back or cross a bridge and return by the north bank.
Over hill, over dale. Thorough brush, thorough brier....
I do wander every where

Ridge

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2432 on: 15:49:09, 12/05/18 »
Trainers not boots today,
Well that was a mistake, got a blister now  :(
Over hill, over dale. Thorough brush, thorough brier....
I do wander every where

Dovegirl

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2433 on: 19:46:53, 19/05/18 »
I walked from the Cinque Port of Winchelsea today, taking in a stretch of the River Brede and some of the 1066 Country Walk. A very enjoyable walk in beautiful lush countryside in the sunshine.

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2434 on: 23:33:05, 28/05/18 »
Out with Mrs G yesterday, we walked the next little section of the South west coast path.  Tintagel to Boscastle, looping back slightly inland. Around 8 miles I think.

Then today I headed up to Melton late on, around 5pm intending to just do a quick up and back training run to Yes Tor.  It was such a perfect evening though and I was feeling good, so I ended up at Cranmeer pool doubling back to High Willhays again on my return route.  Amazing how quickly you can cover the ground this time of year.  The tussucks are still manageable with my long legs and as it bone dry up there I walked straight across the peat bogs. 3 1/2 hours out and back is something of a PB.  Not that I was racing just perfect walking conditions.

tom83

« Reply #2435 on: 15:31:49, 01/06/18 »
Just checked in to our rented house for the weekend in Thornthwaite. All boys stag do, hoping to climb Skiddaw and Saddleback tomorrow, and hopefully Scafell Pike on Sunday.

Completely dependant on alcohol consumption though.