Author Topic: Honister Zip Wire proposal  (Read 28940 times)

pdstsp

• Veteran Member
Re: Honister Zip Wire proposal
« Reply #45 on: 20:40:45, 02/05/18 »
That would be great!! Though I wonder if they will make a decision within 3 or 4 weeks.  Fingers are crossed -

pdstsp

• Veteran Member
« Reply #46 on: 17:14:53, 30/05/18 »
This does not appear to be on the agenda for next week's meeting - they are dragging this one out

April

• Veteran Member
« Reply #47 on: 19:26:05, 30/05/18 »
No it isn't on the agenda, I checked last night. I wonder if they think if they leave it a few more months we will have forgotten about it?
Hate will never win

April

• Veteran Member
« Reply #48 on: 08:56:56, 21/06/18 »
Update on the LDNP website is that 1st August is when this application goes to committee.

Hate will never win

pdstsp

• Veteran Member
« Reply #49 on: 09:05:36, 21/06/18 »
Thanks April - do you know if they release the case officer's recommendations in advance of the meeting?

April

• Veteran Member
« Reply #50 on: 12:09:56, 21/06/18 »
Just looked at the update again and it says "no sooner than 1 Aug". They must have asked Honister for more info on the transportation of the slate, it says the planners are awaiting this info and will put it on the website when they receive it.

@ pdstsp - I think the case officer does normally release his recommendation before the committee meeting.

Looking at that Local Plan and the silly ideas on it, I dread to think what is going to happen with this one  :(
Hate will never win

pdstsp

• Veteran Member
« Reply #51 on: 10:17:11, 24/07/18 »
Papers have gone up for next week's planning meeting - I can't see this one on the papers so presumably it's going to be another month at least before a decision is made.  This one is running and running.

April

• Veteran Member
« Reply #52 on: 12:35:10, 24/07/18 »
Papers have gone up for next week's planning meeting - I can't see this one on the papers so presumably it's going to be another month at least before a decision is made.  This one is running and running.

Thanks pdstsp.

I checked the planning application yesterday and there is still no response on there from Honister about the slate transportation query.

For those interested the Zip Off (Thirlmere) team have a new fb page, they are also very concerned about the LDNP plan review
https://www.facebook.com/zipofflakeswatch/

Look at their post on 18 July at 21.31 and the 76 comments. It is very upsetting to read how worried the Thornthwaite residents are. I hope they know how many people will be fighting to stop the gondola development up to Whinlatter. Not needed or wanted, Mr Leafe.

Hate will never win

pdstsp

• Veteran Member
« Reply #53 on: 12:58:47, 24/07/18 »
Under Leafe it seems that the park is actually under attack from the people who are meant to support it!  It's very easy to imagine the so called stake-holders conspiring to come up with any idea which might make a buck or two.  Some of the comments comparing the lakes to the alps are just mad.  I walk regularly in the alps and like most walkers I head as far away from the ski infrastructure as possible as it scars the landscape so much.  I bet there's a lot of pressure coming on the planning officers to pass the Honister plan - just to get the wedge in the door.

April

• Veteran Member
« Reply #54 on: 13:03:36, 24/07/18 »
Under Leafe it seems that the park is actually under attack from the people who are meant to support it! 

It is incredible, he seems to have forgotten what the National Parks were created for. He thinks his job is to increase tourist numbers.

Mr Leafe your job is to protect the environment from inappropriate development.
Hate will never win

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #55 on: 13:11:43, 24/07/18 »

I walk regularly in the alps and like most walkers I head as far away from the ski infrastructure as possible as it scars the landscape so much.

Indeed; I was quite shocked to see the despoliation of one remote valley that we crossed into whilst on a wild camping trip in the French Alps many years ago. I doubt that the land will recover within the span of a human lifetime.

Sadly the same is true for the Cairn Gorm ski development - despoliation for the sake of money.
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

pdstsp

• Veteran Member
« Reply #56 on: 20:57:35, 28/08/18 »
Not on next week's agenda.  Trying to sneak this one through.

April

• Veteran Member
« Reply #57 on: 06:52:17, 29/08/18 »
Not on next week's agenda.  Trying to sneak this one through.

There is still nothing on the planning app from Honister about the slate transportation query, looks like they are struggling to find an answer?
Hate will never win

pdstsp

• Veteran Member
« Reply #58 on: 08:03:14, 29/08/18 »
Or waiting till everyone's bored!  Perhaps Douglas Chalmers was right - waiting till after their busy period.

April

• Veteran Member
« Reply #59 on: 08:37:48, 29/08/18 »
I do hope they are struggling to come up with a slate transportation method that won't damage the environment up there.
Hate will never win

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy