Author Topic: 6 Dales Challenge (Pure Challenge)  (Read 1297 times)

Woolfboy

6 Dales Challenge (Pure Challenge)
« on: 11:05:12, 13/05/18 »
Hi everyone

I’ve only just joined the group, having only today found out the company (Pure Challenge) who arrange the 6 dales challenge have gone into administration

To say I am angry that there was no notification of this was is an understatement. Had my wife not “stumbled” across this, we would have continued our training and arrived on 8th June ready for the event itself the day after

I’m sure many people on this forum are aware of the event being cancelled, but hope this may inform some who don’t

My question is, are other walkers still continuing with their trainiing and are going ahead with the walk on 9th June. Personally after all the training my wife and I have done, I would still dearly love to do the challenge if anything to continue to raise money for the charity we are doing this for and to feel the acompishment of succeeding. My fear is we are no map readers and are not local to the Peaks so will be walking in an area unknown to us. The last thing we want to do is get lost!

I ready that the same thing happened to people walking the 3 lochs challenge recently, but some people still  did the walk. If anyone is still looking at going ahead, then I’d love to hear from you. Hopefully, this thread will grow and with a mixture of experience the walk can still be done

pauldawes

• Veteran Member
Re: 6 Dales Challenge (Pure Challenge)
« Reply #1 on: 15:28:28, 13/05/18 »
Sympathy, of course.

There was a thread started on this this (it's a bit lower down in this section) a few weeks ago...if you peruse, you'll see a fair number of people are unhappy with company.

Jezza

« Reply #2 on: 21:50:37, 22/05/18 »
Hi all, ive just found out the event is cancelled but myself and 2 friends still
Plan to do it ourselves if others are interested..!!!

Peakyste

« Reply #3 on: 23:42:26, 22/05/18 »
Hi all
Yes i plan on walking on 8th june ,im  an experienced walker , cant let these people stop you achieving what you set out to do. Especially if a charity is involved . Does  everyone plan on starting at 8am

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy