Author Topic: The Good, the Bad and the Orange!  (Read 663 times)

Steve922

The Good, the Bad and the Orange!
« on: 23:25:52, 31/05/18 »
Why, oh why?  I bought a 65+ litre rucksack, nice bluey-grey colour with a few splashes of light green straps; not rally to my taste but I can live with it. Quite happy with the rucksack, price, features and feel. Until I pulled out the rain cover - it was BRIGHT ORANGE. No apology for shouting because it was brighter than that!
    What is the point? I recall several times sitting on a hillside admiring the beauty of the view ahead - all but for a bright yellow or orange tent like a blight on the landscape!
    Why?

adalard

• Veteran Member
Re: The Good, the Bad and the Orange!
« Reply #1 on: 23:34:03, 31/05/18 »
I suppose at least it'll stand out if you've fallen and injured yourself and the MRT are searching.

Plus we'll all know to say hello to you on the hills in rainy weather.  ;)

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 00:48:20, 01/06/18 »
My last cover was fluorescent yellow, the built in cover on my current pack is red, I do not see the problem; you only use them in bad weather when visibility is usually dire anyway and if you are moving you are spending most of your time looking where you are putting your feet, not admiring people’s taste in rain covers. Moreover, the day may come when you need to be seen, in which case you will appreciate a stand out colour.
Solvitur Ambulando

fernman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 09:32:46, 01/06/18 »
You can get different colour ones in different sizes on eBay.
As a "blend in" fanatic I bought an olive green one for my new olive green rucksack and gave away the orange one that came with it..

photonut

« Reply #4 on: 09:38:34, 01/06/18 »
My Berghaus rain cover is gold coloured.. it makes me feel very regal when its raining (only used it once!)  ;D

As ninthace says... there may be a day when being seen will be crucial... I'd keep the bright orange cover!

Cheers
Lee

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy