Author Topic: Anyone know a day route to include Rochester castle?  (Read 449 times)

Ronin83

Also, would it be worth walking around there or a bit boring?

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
Re: Anyone know a day route to include Rochester castle?
« Reply #1 on: 15:04:43, 02/08/18 »
Have a look at www.gps-routes.co.uk. Look up 'Kent' and I'm sure this site might be of help.

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 15:22:46, 02/08/18 »
I had a look myself, not specific on there about Rochester but I then went onto Bing Maps, put in 'Rochester', switched on their OS map (its free) and saw that from Rochester Castle there is a walk (identified by red diamonds) south towards Aylesford following the right hand side of the River Medway. At Alyesford (visit the Friary and have a look at the railway station, used as the Hornby model station) then just make your way over to the North Downs Way, loads of footpaths to choose from (join it near Kits Coty) and return to Rochester.

Ronin83

« Reply #3 on: 16:21:37, 02/08/18 »
I had a look myself, not specific on there about Rochester but I then went onto Bing Maps, put in 'Rochester', switched on their OS map (its free) and saw that from Rochester Castle there is a walk (identified by red diamonds) south towards Aylesford following the right hand side of the River Medway. At Alyesford (visit the Friary and have a look at the railway station, used as the Hornby model station) then just make your way over to the North Downs Way, loads of footpaths to choose from (join it near Kits Coty) and return to Rochester.

Cheers guys
Yeh the river walk is the Medway walk/trail it seems, which runs from Tonbridge to Rochester 28 miles. So could use a bit of that then like you said, cut across to the NDW. Might be before aylesford though if its still bloody hot  :-\

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy