Author Topic: OEX Boots..  (Read 6635 times)

tenmilesplus

OEX Boots..
« on: 23:45:56, 02/09/18 »
I have bought some OEX Vyper Trek boots blind, has anyone worn them ?
Gone for a walk, back in a bit..

alan de enfield

• Veteran Member
Re: OEX Boots..
« Reply #1 on: 12:27:02, 03/09/18 »
I have bought some OEX Vyper Trek boots blind, has anyone worn them ?

Were they sold as secondhand ? (second-footed)

tenmilesplus

« Reply #2 on: 16:15:10, 03/09/18 »
^^
 LOL.. no they are new ( Go Outdoors ), I was just wondering if anyone else had some ?

dav

« Reply #3 on: 18:56:52, 08/09/18 »
Will be interesting to hear how you go on with them. I am always cautious re: own brand clothing and footwear.

tenmilesplus

« Reply #4 on: 20:08:52, 15/10/18 »
UPDATE...

I have now done around 30 miles in them which has been 5/6 local walks, They have been painful, blistering, waterproof and not waterproof, a real mixed bag... I thought they were fit for the bin / Summertime..

I washed / proofed them, didn't seem to improve the water repellency any but they seem to be much more comfy than they wre when I first wore them so it does look like they are Summer only boots..

tenmilesplus

« Reply #5 on: 23:42:49, 01/11/18 »
UPDATE;

I have fitted some Nordic Walking insoles and the boots are significantly improved for comfort, I have cleaned and reproofed them again and they are ok in a shower but no more than that..

Something I have been made aware of is the lack of 'breathability' of these fabric boots, I recently walked part of the SWCP around Portland Island, the weather was cold 4 - 8 DegC and the sweat in the boots was making my Bridgedale socks and the insoles wet..
 I have seen some reviews that complain about the soles being slippery but I have had no significant slippage, Different soles are better on different surfaces so as long as care is taken a sole can be effective in most situations, I have walked in mud, gravel, grass, dry dirty fields, up slope, down slope and most importantly a coastal path with a varied wet / dry / rocky / lose / slopes etc and found the soles non slippery and perfectly adequate although they do seem to be wearing down quickly....

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy