Author Topic: Video/film editing software?  (Read 1444 times)

mananddog

• Veteran Member
Video/film editing software?
« on: 14:20:01, 11/10/18 »

I am looking for some reliable software for editing video clips and photos. I want one which is easy to operate which can edit videos, merge photos, add soundtracks and titles. The free ones seem to be screwed up by intrusive adverts.

What do people use?

bricam2096

• Veteran Member
Re: Video/film editing software?
« Reply #1 on: 15:21:59, 11/10/18 »
I use Windows Movie Maker when I do videos for my walks. It’s free and pretty easy (for me) to use to trim videos, place still photos if I want and combine all my clips into 1 complete video.

Titles, captions, effects and music can be added.

I’d like to get something more professional looking but they hurt my brain  :D
LDWs done - 32 in total including 16 National Trails and 3 C2C

Wainwrights 176
www.brians-walks.co.uk

mananddog

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 16:33:53, 11/10/18 »
I used to use that but it is not on the latest version of Windows 10 and Microsoft no longer supports it. I am using the one that comes with the photo editor on windows 10 but you cannot seem to edit videos on it.

barewirewalker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 12:31:36, 13/10/18 »
Looking through the recent Computer Active I bought a few days ago, I noticed an article in the best free software section on Da Vinci Resolve 15 free version apparently backed up by a lot of tutorials online and youtube. It may be overkill for simple editing, but has interesting transitions and title card effects and a whole load of more advance stuff should you choose to go further. What caught my eye was the audio editing comments, about removing unwanted noise without loss of quality. Such as you have a beautiful stream shot with babble brook sounds and a tractor starts up in the distance.
CA's link is www.snipca.com/29224
It needs windows 8.1 or 10

BWW
Their Land is in Our Country.

andybr

« Reply #4 on: 11:21:57, 14/10/18 »
Not free but I have used Cyberlink Power Director for quite a few years and find that it does everything I want or can see myself wanting in future. I would avoid the high end packages like Adobe Premiere unless you intend to take Video very seriously as they are licensed by subscription.

mananddog

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 07:38:16, 15/10/18 »
Thanks for the suggestions.  O0

NeilC

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 08:13:59, 15/10/18 »
Videopad is the usual suggestion for free editing software.

I'd say Lightworks is the best free app but it takes some effort to get used to the way it works.

dank86

« Reply #7 on: 20:32:05, 15/10/18 »
I use videopad, it's very good and doesn't leave water marks. So much more options than windows movie maker, it was a little bit of a learning curve but it's fully featured!

mananddog

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: 12:50:33, 16/10/18 »
I have now got videopad and find most of it easy to use - just can't reliably remove the soundtrack from video clips when adding them to another soundtrack but I am sure I'll get the hang of it.

dank86

« Reply #9 on: 12:55:00, 16/10/18 »
I have now got videopad and find most of it easy to use - just can't reliably remove the soundtrack from video clips when adding them to another soundtrack but I am sure I'll get the hang of it.

If you right click on the clips when it's in the editor timeline you can seperate video from audio in the options

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy