Author Topic: Another ViewRanger Problem - block deleting routes on an Android Phone  (Read 2152 times)

ninthace

• Veteran Member
In the past I have criticized ViewRanger software for being cumbersome.  Here's a case in point.  I synchronized some 50 odd routes that I had published to ViewRanger so I could see what they looked like.  Now I have a load of unwanted routes on my Android phone and no obvious way of deleting them other than one at a time. I tried the knowledge base but no joy.  I tried clearing the cache in the App Manager but that just confused it and they still hadn't gone.  Anyone know how?
Solvitur Ambulando

jimbob

• Veteran Member
Just ask them. Their customer service us good.
Too little, too late, too bad......

ninthace

• Veteran Member
I found it while mining through the nether regions of the software.  It goes like this:
From green menu bar open 3 dots screen, tap settings icon, tap troubleshooting at bottom of screen, scroll down, find routes menu, select delete all routes.
Obvious really - not.  ::)
IIRC you can delete all tracks and all POIs from the relevant screens.  If you want to delete some but not others you are still down to finger tapping like a demented woodpecker - no such thing as a tick box in VR.

Edited to add: if you want to do the same trick on an i-pad the delete routes function is hidden in a different place. It is in the Help & Feedback menu. Are we sure VR wasn't designed by a government committee?
Solvitur Ambulando

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy