Author Topic: UK coastal walk  (Read 695 times)

Dantheman

UK coastal walk
« on: 17:59:01, 07/11/18 »
I started my walk at Southwold pier at 10 oclock on the 10/10/2018 in recognition of international mental health awareness day..I am hoping to raise money for the charity MIND . I have just past the 400 mile mark and I am in Kent...I am guerrilla camping with a bivouac to keep costs down...All has been well except the weight of equipment on my back so I dumped 4kg and find it much easier...I am recording my journey using strava and battery permitting gylmpse that gives frequent updates to my daily progress. My friend has set up a website for me  danwalksthecoast  if you are interested check it out...There are some pics and links..cheers Dan

Rob Goes Walking

• Veteran Member
Re: UK coastal walk
« Reply #1 on: 18:53:32, 07/11/18 »
Good luck!

How do we find you on strava and gylmpse?

Dantheman

« Reply #2 on: 19:01:08, 07/11/18 »
danwalksthecoast website has links to my facebook which has my strava record, Mobile phone power has been an issue so not always live with gympse at the moment....I had to dump some weight as shoulders were badly bruised...Let me know what you think if you find it...Dan

Rob Goes Walking

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 19:07:30, 07/11/18 »
I had a look at your Facebook but couldn't find a link to your strava record? Whereabouts on Facebook is it?

Dantheman

« Reply #4 on: 19:14:38, 07/11/18 »
You got the facebook link on my website..Every day I post pics Ive taken and a strava map of a section of coast showing my days walk with times and distance..I checked it with a friend and it is visible, maybe not public will try and investigate..Dan

Rob Goes Walking

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 19:23:47, 07/11/18 »
I see pics just no strava maps.

Dantheman

« Reply #6 on: 19:37:41, 07/11/18 »
Sorry about that, I have someone working on it and will post when solved ..Dan

astaman

« Reply #7 on: 22:04:47, 07/11/18 »
Sent a reply to your earlier post not realising that you were well underway. I guess you're doing the mainland coast but if you are doing the isles at any point and end up in Shetland then send me a private message. I will be able to help. I'm assuming that the isles would add far too much mileage but all the best of luck to you anyway.

Dantheman

« Reply #8 on: 08:41:53, 08/11/18 »
Thanks astaman, currently the plan is uk mainland..Dan

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy