Author Topic: [TR] Wrotham, Kent Circular  (Read 973 times)

cpjmathieson

• Veteran Member
[TR] Wrotham, Kent Circular
« on: 21:53:53, 09/01/19 »
My first walk of the year, a 12 mile walk from Wrotham in Kent and along the North Downs Way. A cold but great walk!

Blog link here with loads of pics and history!

http://myadventures3.blogspot.com/2019/01/wrothamkent-circular-walk-9th-january.html

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
Re: [TR] Wrotham, Kent Circular
« Reply #1 on: 10:38:23, 10/01/19 »
Thanks for that and the photos. I remember Wrotham (pronounced 'root'm') as a child. We didn't have a car in those, we lived in Barming (there was a local psychiatric hospital nearby, hence 'being barmy') and about three times a year mum and dad, and us the four children, walked to Wrotham, across fields, through woods and narrow roads to catch the Green Line Busfrom there to south London to see relatives. Your photo shows, as one politician has said many times "nothing has changed." Excellent and thanks for the memory jogger.

cpjmathieson

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 13:04:30, 10/01/19 »
Thanks for that and the photos. I remember Wrotham (pronounced 'root'm') as a child. We didn't have a car in those, we lived in Barming (there was a local psychiatric hospital nearby, hence 'being barmy') and about three times a year mum and dad, and us the four children, walked to Wrotham, across fields, through woods and narrow roads to catch the Green Line Busfrom there to south London to see relatives. Your photo shows, as one politician has said many times "nothing has changed." Excellent and thanks for the memory jogger.

Glad you enjoyed it, lovely little village!

Innominate Man

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 16:34:18, 10/01/19 »
Fabulous TR & photos, very interesting too. Thanks for sharing it with us.
Only a hill but all of life to me, up there between the sunset and the sea. 
Geoffrey Winthrop Young

pleb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 10:38:34, 11/01/19 »
You certainly put my trip reports to shame  :-[
Labour in Vain road, great name  ;D
Whinging Moaning Old Fart

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy