Author Topic: Lochgoilhead walk recommendations?  (Read 2097 times)

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
Lochgoilhead walk recommendations?
« on: 15:01:21, 03/03/19 »

Apart from the obvious (Arrochar Alps) does anyone have any recommendations for decent walks/hills in the Lochgoilhead area?

We're off there for a long weekend next Saturday.
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

Owen

• Veteran Member
Re: Lochgoilhead walk recommendations?
« Reply #1 on: 16:06:16, 03/03/19 »
In the area between Lochgoil and the rest and be thankful road is good but very wild, I don't recall any paths. A low level walk from Ardgarten through the Argyll forest to Mark's bothy. Where loch goil and loch long meet. The loch fyne oyster bar is good if expensive. The luss hills aren't far away.

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 17:56:54, 03/03/19 »
In the area between Lochgoil and the rest and be thankful road is good but very wild, I don't recall any paths. A low level walk from Ardgarten through the Argyll forest to Mark's bothy. Where loch goil and loch long meet. The loch fyne oyster bar is good if expensive. The luss hills aren't far away.

Thanks Owen - Ben Donich lies between Lochgoilhead and the Rest And Be Thankful, but it looks as if it is a bit of a plod from the SW. I've got my eye on the rough tongue of land between Loch Goil and Loch Long.

My 12 year old son is hungry for Munros so maybe we'll manage a day on Beinn Narnain/Beinn Ime if conditions allow.

Owen

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 18:32:15, 03/03/19 »

. I've got my eye on the rough tongue of land between Loch Goil and Loch Long.

Yes that's where I was thinking of, there's a really nice ridge from Cnoe Choinnich to Tom Molach once you get up there. We went up from the Ardgarten side.

henryb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 20:08:49, 03/03/19 »
I can recommend the Cobbler, good walk from Arrochar. Another suggestion is the Glen Douglas Horseshoe :)

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 21:11:42, 16/03/19 »
Well, poor weather kept us off the mountains, but my wife and I did manage to squeeze in a good 12.5 mile mid level walk taking in Curra Lochain below Beinn Bheula via the Cowal Way, with a long return via a forest road that traversed for miles around the hillside to the north. The walk back through the woods of the Goil valley turned into a wallow though, and then the heavens opened....
« Last Edit: 21:16:16, 16/03/19 by richardh1905 »

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy