Author Topic: Sleep system  (Read 2529 times)

alan de enfield

• Veteran Member
Re: Sleep system
« Reply #15 on: 15:11:58, 12/05/19 »

Thanks for the suggestion alan de enfield[/size].  

I'm currently struggling with a Snugoak Elite 4 and by struggling I mean with the compressed size and not with the weight (1900g) or performance. Really like the warmth, shape and ease of use for this bag and as I'm a side sleeper, I tend to sleep more in an 'S' shape so I can shorten the bag to increase the warmth with the clips.

It would appear that the OEX bag could give similar performance for a lighter weight plus being down it should pack down slightly smaller (than my snugpak at 28 x 24cm)

I have one and it packs down to less than 23 x 19 (the size of the bag). It could be packed down a bit smaller. I reckon 18 long x 18 diameter is achievable.
The OEX is not really much of a tapered bag (I find a bag that is body contoured to be very restrictive and similar to being in a straight jacket) I am a side sleeper (Z shaped) but do tend to roll about / roll over quite a bit and find it a 'good size and fit' for me.
I am 6 foot and 14 1/2 Stone (about 92 kgs in foreign money)

NeilC

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: 15:22:50, 12/05/19 »
I have one of these: http://sleepingbags-cumulus.eu/uk/categories/sleeping-bags/down-sleeping-bags/mysterious-traveller-700?gid=60&vid=6

It's a terrific bag. Used in Dec and Jan in freezing temps. Never even slightly cold. Packs down small. Not too heavy. Extra insulated foot box, baffles that work. Very roomy. Good good. I can't fault it.

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: 17:25:12, 12/05/19 »
My sleeping quilt is made by the same company, it still looks as good as new even after four years of use.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy