Author Topic: East Yorkshire: Raywell - Nut Wood circuit  (Read 2789 times)

Mel

• Veteran Member
East Yorkshire: Raywell - Nut Wood circuit
« on: 22:27:57, 24/05/19 »
Had missen a lovely walk after work.  It might only have been just shy of 4 miles but it was exactly what the doctor ordered after a really quite strange week at work.

I think I've caught the sun on my face too!

Anyway, here's a link to the write up of it on my blog:

Raywell - Nut Wood circuit

Thanks for looking  :)

Jac

• Veteran Member
Re: East Yorkshire: Raywell - Nut Wood circuit
« Reply #1 on: 08:07:03, 25/05/19 »
Lovely TR and floriferous photos. Just goes to show length (of walk ^-^ ) isn't everything.
So many paths yet to walk, so little time left

Dovegirl

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 08:54:59, 25/05/19 »
Lovely photos Mel    :)    Walking in spring is such a joy, seeing the wild flowers and hearing the birdsong

Warbler

« Reply #3 on: 10:31:03, 25/05/19 »
That looks a nice little walk Mel, and nice pics. Your TR's always come with a hint of nostalgia for me, being brought up in Hull.  O0

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 21:55:28, 25/05/19 »
Lovely TR and floriferous photos. Just goes to show length (of walk ^-^ ) isn't everything.

Thanks Jac.  Is floriferous even a word?   ;D   :D

Lovely photos Mel    :)    Walking in spring is such a joy, seeing the wild flowers and hearing the birdsong

Cheers Dovegirl.  I agree.  There is definitely something (mentally) uplifting about being out in nature.

That looks a nice little walk Mel, and nice pics. Your TR's always come with a hint of nostalgia for me, being brought up in Hull.  O0

Cheers Warbler.  It is a lovely little walk.  Whereabouts in Hull were you brought up?

Ridge

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 22:01:53, 25/05/19 »
Lovely pics and report Mel.
I've had a bit of a week too and my walk today really helped clear my head.

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 22:10:42, 25/05/19 »
Lovely pics and report Mel.
I've had a bit of a week too and my walk today really helped clear my head.

Thanks Ridge.  I'm sure the pub lunch before and the cake stop during and the pint after helped too  ;D

Bigfoot_Mike

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: 23:33:20, 25/05/19 »
A great trip report Mel. It looks like an interesting short walk. I agree with you that Waudby Scroggs is a great name, although I am yet to find better than Den of Cults which sounds an interesting street to live on in the suburbs of Aberdeen.

Warbler

« Reply #8 on: 10:49:39, 26/05/19 »

Cheers Warbler.  It is a lovely little walk.  Whereabouts in Hull were you brought up?

I was brought up close to East Park. Went to Malet Lambert school.

As a young teenager, me and a few mates, completely on a whim, decided we wanted to walk the Cleveland Way. The problem was we didn't have any gear, tent, stove, cooking gear etc. One of the lads who was in the scouts recommended we all signed up, as the local scout group had all this equipment, and we'd be able to use it. So that's what we did. I remember acquiring a pair of really uncomfortable boots and a cumbersome rucksack, and buying a red Peter Storm cagoule.

We did training walks to places like Raywell  and Bail Wood scout camps and around Brantingham. There was five of us who took on the Cleveland Way and completed in. We carried and slept in a big heavy ridge tent (a plan view would have resembled sardines in a tin).

Rather naughtily most of us quit the scouts not long after, as other interests took hold  ;)

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: 11:48:28, 26/05/19 »
Lovely photos Mel, with a nice selection of wild flowers too O0
***Happiness is only a smile away***

pleb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: 10:13:40, 28/05/19 »
Looks nice, spring really is a nice time.
Whinging Moaning Old Fart

vghikers

• Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: 12:12:47, 28/05/19 »
Nothing like a good walk in Spring to revitalise the senses, a very agreeable picnic spot.  O0
From the VR map, I see yet another Fox Covert, they seem to be everywhere.

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: 23:07:07, 28/05/19 »
Thanks Bigfoot Mike - Den of Cults sounds ace  ;D

Warbler - ahh, East Park.  I sometimes go for a mooch around there on my lunch break at work.  They're on about re-opening the boating lake again.  I bet you wasn't the first and won't be the last person to join the scouts as a means to an end  :D

Cheers sunnydale - all really common wildflowers but it's lovely to see them all out and brightening up the hedgerows and verges  :)

Cheers pleb - I think spring and autumn are my favourite times of year to walk - so much colour  O0

Thanks vghikers - yes, fox coverts seem to be in abundance.  Having just "googled" it, it appears to hark back to hunting times  :(

April

• Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: 19:29:53, 29/05/19 »
Great report and pics Mel  O0 "Your" tree is a lovely tree, I can see why you would claim it as your own  :)
Hate will never win

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #14 on: 22:03:13, 29/05/19 »
Thanks April.  Just sitting under it and staring off into the distance... ahhh, loverrrly  :)

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy