Author Topic: Chafe  (Read 2972 times)

pbassred

Chafe
« on: 21:12:28, 18/09/07 »
I just checked.  The word "chafe" doesn't appear anywhere on the forum, Which is odd considering that's a exercises in repetitive motion.

Happens to me all the time.  Seams, underware, get the picture?  Ok, Jeans are involved, but not all the time.  Do I just have a fat ass ( well not really) over size tackle or is there a different thing I should look at?

Mr. Blister

• Veteran Member
Re: Chafe
« Reply #1 on: 07:03:23, 19/09/07 »
I just checked.  The word "chafe" doesn't appear anywhere on the forum, Which is odd considering that's a exercises in repetitive motion.

That is indeed odd!

So basically you're chaffing .. chafeing .. shaffing (however the hell you spell it) all over the place?  The only place I've realy suffered from it was on the lower part of my back, when I didn't have my rucksack secured properly.  I kept getting horrible red blisters in the same place everytime.  I used to have my rucksack hanging pretty loose, but found that when I re-did all the straps that the problem disappeared, just didn't have it sitting right.

Still, I do usually carry a small tub of vaseline with me just in case.  ;)

My main walking partner always goes walking in jeans (something which I'm sure he does just to annoy me), and he never complains from friction burns.

Have you checked your equipment over to make sure it's secured properly?

Snowman

« Reply #2 on: 10:40:21, 19/09/07 »
A while back on an LDP I got it really bad.   Inside top of the thighs - was that what you were alluding to?    Sometimes known as Walker's Crotch.    Bloody painful and uncomfortable.    I got it because we set off on a hot sunny day in early September (as you can guess this was a few years ago as we didn't get many hot sunny days this year), and sweated so much that the tops of my thighs rubbed together.    Every night I'd cover the raw patches with antiseptic cream but by midday the next day it was rubbed raw again.    I tried using bandages but the sweat causes them to move.

Anyway, I finally found a pair (or rather 2 pairs) of trunks with longer legs which cover the tops of the thigh where the rubbing occurs, and made from high wicking fabric.    I haven't suffered since, but can't of course guarantee that it was the underwear as I didn't always get the problem before.

I bought them from Field and Trek, but they're not showing on their website any more, however I'm sure one of the big names will sell them.

S.

darksky

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 12:01:31, 19/09/07 »

Happens to me all the time.  Seams, underware, get the picture?  Ok, Jeans are involved, but not all the time.  Do I just have a fat ass ( well not really) over size tackle or is there a different thing I should look at?
:-[ i know what you mean sort of,as the top of my thighs rub together after awhile and can be really annoying,
'''get out there and experience as much as you can its beautiful and have yourself alotta fun doing it'''

Brian

« Reply #4 on: 15:49:37, 19/09/07 »
I used to suffer this, tried various options but finally found the solution for me in the Marks & Spencers 'Real Cool Cotton' Trunks. They prevent the skin from rubbing and are good for wicking - and a bargain at £15 for 3 pairs.

Brian

darksky

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 16:54:39, 19/09/07 »
 :-\ cheers pal..,
'''get out there and experience as much as you can its beautiful and have yourself alotta fun doing it'''

myzeneye

« Reply #6 on: 19:21:17, 19/09/07 »
chafeings a [censored].... i get it bad somtimes too.... you are not alone... sometimes feels my plums are space hoppers......
solution.... vaseline, daub it on good and proper... nackers, bum crack, inner thighs.... get the picture ?(sorry girls)

for after chaffe, i HIGHLY recomend anew miricle cream available over the counter, chemist, asda etc... called BEPANTHEN. its a baby nappy rash cream with vitamins in and has super human healing powers i swear.  i came across it too treat a new tattoo, and also for this its awsome......
its around £2.50 a tube, try it once and you'll be converted.... O0

darksky

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: 22:39:35, 19/09/07 »
 Alright MYZENEYE.., you mentioned tattoo,why? have you recently had one done?if so what its like?any good?

gallusimpudicus

« Reply #8 on: 10:21:27, 21/09/07 »
Ditto to all replies on this one but even with the trunks on this is still a risk if its hot and there are few opportunities to wash  :P
myzeneye is right though. In my experience nappy rash creams are the best: saved me on a week long ramble up  the Ridgeway once.

Don't know about the brand you mention but Sudocrem is my chosen medicine. I remember distinctly swaggering into Boots in Wantage covered in 3 days of S..t and buying some after some urging from a mate. I had to to virtually undress in the toilet of the posh boozer on the square. Not easy with a full backpack and without taking your boots off! When I emerged though I was a changed man O0 Oh, the relief was instant!

Good for other cuts and scratches too!
GI

walkinggirluk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: 16:53:30, 21/09/07 »
Please use the word friction burn. I never add a problem with this but do know a few people who have, Vaseline is very good for shoulder's,hips,thigh,groin area  and bum cracks. Oh and lips.....
peace and tranquillity in the countryside. clean your rubbish up after you  respect it.

clean it bin it

Mr. Blister

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: 17:50:53, 21/09/07 »
Vaseline is very good for shoulder's,hips,thigh,groin area  and bum cracks. Oh and lips.....

As much as I value you comments WalkingGirl, I'm not rubbing vaseline on my lips after rubbing it on my [censored] crack.  Sorry, no way!  :o  :D

walkinggirluk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: 18:08:59, 21/09/07 »
lol Oh [censored]!!! Sorry  just think of the taste nice (Good point there sorry). No serious please do not take advice  from me as  you'll all end up licking [censored] of your lips.  Well what I  meant to say was buy 2 pots but remember to write lips on 1 and ass on the other pot than, than you can't go wrong.   
peace and tranquillity in the countryside. clean your rubbish up after you  respect it.

clean it bin it

Mr. Blister

• Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: 18:11:49, 21/09/07 »
Ha Ha Ha - ok I'll do that .. but I think you advice my get me into trouble.

Imagine my girlfriend coming over to see me and finding a tub of vaseline with the words "for bum" inscribed on it?  I'd never see her again - lol  ;D

walkinggirluk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: 18:20:13, 21/09/07 »
Yeah shed probable  slap you one for imaging the worst lol. I use Vaselineon  my lips where my partner rubs it on his bottom, we don't use the same one though. although you could rub it on your lips than your ass  :o ;) 

clean it bin it

Mr. Blister

• Veteran Member
« Reply #14 on: 18:32:45, 21/09/07 »
There seems to be something indignified about the image of a man named Titaniumdude rubbing vaseline on his [censored].   :o

Think we've solved the problem of friction anyway!  ;D

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy