Author Topic: Lake District.......NE Area  (Read 1135 times)

KIDSTYPIKE

• Veteran Member
Lake District.......NE Area
« on: 21:19:14, 18/10/07 »
18th October 2007

Lake District:    NE Area

Today we set off from Patterdale and made our way to Lanty's Tarn. From there we followed a path up to the summit of Birkhouse Moor and then onto the "Hole-in-the-wall" of Striding Edge fame. Our path to us to Red Tarn below Helvellyn where after a brief "butty stop" we ascended to the summit of Catstycam. From Catstycam we walked down into Greenside to Glenridding and then back to Patterdale.

Dist:   10.00 miles     Ascent:    2640 feet     Time: 6h 15m

Dave

http://www.wainwright-wanderings.co.uk/

darksky

• Veteran Member
Re: Lake District.......NE Area
« Reply #1 on: 22:51:52, 18/10/07 »
 :) :) :) just looked at part 1 of your walk from Patterdale to Helvellyn and other fells,great report and pics , waiting for part 2..................................i just want to say thanks for posting your walks on here as i find them very interesting to say the least.
'''get out there and experience as much as you can its beautiful and have yourself alotta fun doing it'''

Deerplay

« Reply #2 on: 00:10:28, 19/10/07 »
Lanty's Tarn is a beaut. We used to walk up there when we were kids from Glenridding (had family there). I can remember my Dad and my Grandad putting half pennies in between the stones on the cairn on Keldas. I bet they're all gone by now! My Grandads long gone now, my Dad is still going strong but couldn't make that walk nowadays. Happy memories.
Will this wind be so mighty as to lay low the mountains of the Earth?

KIDSTYPIKE

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 14:45:59, 19/10/07 »
18th October 2007

Lake District:    NE Area

Today we set off from Patterdale and made our way to Lanty's Tarn. From there we followed a path up to the summit of Birkhouse Moor and then onto the "Hole-in-the-wall" of Striding Edge fame. Our path to us to Red Tarn below Helvellyn where after a brief "butty stop" we ascended to the summit of Catstycam. From Catstycam we walked down into Greenside to Glenridding and then back to Patterdale.

Dist:   10.00 miles     Ascent:    2640 feet     Time: 6h 15m

Dave

http://www.wainwright-wanderings.co.uk/

All the pictures have now been uploaded to the webpage.

Dave

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy