Author Topic: Washing Pertex Quatum jacket?  (Read 2458 times)

lostone98

Washing Pertex Quatum jacket?
« on: 20:26:48, 18/10/19 »
How often do I need to wash it and how? I have a Pertex Quantum Montane jacket for awhile but do I need to wash it often or would not washing often enouth ruin the jacket.

Hope I make sense, just had a drink. I am a bit nervous washing it to be honest, I could read the washing intruching and mess it up (My reading is not the best as I have learning difficulties and it's a lot to be desired)

Owen

• Veteran Member
Re: Washing Pertex Quatum jacket?
« Reply #1 on: 20:56:04, 18/10/19 »
I just put all my walking cloths in the washer together on synthetics. Low heat. I use liquid bio wash detergent. Once a year I use tech wash to renew the DWR.

fernman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 09:54:30, 19/10/19 »
Same here as sussamb, synthetics programme with Ecover Delicates Liquid (which is soap based, not detergent) and NO fabric conditioner, for all of my walking wear.

Are you able to photograph the wash care label in your jacket and post it on here for us to see?

scottk

« Reply #3 on: 16:57:32, 19/10/19 »
I wash my montane pertex trousers in grangers 2 in 1. Come up well and the repellency is revived. Put them in the tumble drier at low afterwards to activate.

Sleepy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 17:55:13, 23/10/19 »
pertex is their waterproof stuff isn't it?Nikwax techwash or soap flakes (liquid or flakes) they're not very easy to find, I got my last bottle from m&s

ANY detergent will strip the waterproofing, I clean the kitchen sink thoroughly, making sure it's thoroughly rinsed of all soap/detergent before hand washing waterproofs, I usually reproof with nikwax (never had much success with anything else) while I'm at it  O0

Sleepy

• Veteran Member

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy