Author Topic: What's Your Latest Walking Kit Purchase?  (Read 292278 times)

pauldawes

• Veteran Member
Re: What's Your Latest Walking Kit Purchase?
« Reply #30 on: 14:22:23, 08/09/16 »
Honestly can't remember...and this from a guy that was becoming a borderline kit-aholic last year.

No...a memory dredge has supplied the answer. One quid gel protector for my big toe. (I usually slip one over my big toes when going on long walks when breaking in new boots or when going on longer walks.) About 3 months ago.

Or if repairs count...5 quid to stitch a jacket I ripped getting over a stile. About 6 weeks ago.

But I'll succumb to some proper spending soon...am getting a bit "restive". Goodness knows why...for walking I do nowadays got 3 times as much kit as I need.

barewirewalker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #31 on: 14:46:01, 08/09/16 »
Pack of A4 paper to print the map for my next walk. Next will probably be these d""" ink cartidges.
BWW
Their Land is in Our Country.

Dyffryn Ardudwy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #32 on: 16:28:09, 08/09/16 »
New Camelbak water pipe and bight valve.
Over the year's my favourite Camalbak system, has got very dirty, and no amount of cleaning will remove the residue half way through the pipe.
A new one was purchased last week, and arrived Tuesday morning.

Glyno

• Veteran Member
« Reply #33 on: 19:07:50, 08/09/16 »
I bought a stock of flapjack from Holland & Barrett. I usually make it but couldn't be bothered.

Thedogsmother

« Reply #34 on: 18:09:40, 09/09/16 »
Well today I was looking for a very light single person cookset and ended up with the Vango hard adonised cookset. It hardly weighs anything, isn't very big and didn't break the bank so I'm happy. I also bought the Osprey Talon 44 rucksack so am just spreading out my hiking kit on the lounge floor, stripping it down to essentials only and practising packing it.

youradvocate

• Veteran Member
« Reply #35 on: 18:13:57, 09/09/16 »
The best moment of a hike, packing and repacking my rucksack!

youradvocate

• Veteran Member
« Reply #36 on: 18:22:50, 09/09/16 »
What I would like to purchase if it exists is a very lightweight fold up clothes dryer that will snap-fit to my rucksack to 'peg' my washed clothes to for quicker drying as I walk. Any ideas please?

Plus I would like to buy a passport sized 'purse' to hang around my neck designed with a properly shaped flat strap about a half inch wide. I can see ones with string (like Lifeventure) but I find this type of purse uncomfortable to wear.

Thedogsmother

« Reply #37 on: 20:00:53, 09/09/16 »
The best moment of a hike, packing and repacking my rucksack!
Definitely. The planning and perusing maps is a lot of fun. Not sure I've seen anything like you clothes dryer contraption but its a good idea. You should invent it!

youradvocate

• Veteran Member
« Reply #38 on: 09:34:12, 10/09/16 »
I wish I could invent one but I do not have the talent to think it through.

Downdale

« Reply #39 on: 17:14:52, 10/09/16 »
What I would like to purchase if it exists is a very lightweight fold up clothes dryer that will snap-fit to my rucksack to 'peg' my washed clothes to for quicker drying as I walk. Any ideas please?

Plus I would like to buy a passport sized 'purse' to hang around my neck designed with a properly shaped flat strap about a half inch wide. I can see ones with string (like Lifeventure) but I find this type of purse uncomfortable to wear.
Wire coat hanger!  ;) :)

PeakRambler

« Reply #40 on: 15:58:51, 12/09/16 »
I've been a bit naughty,  two new items, a genuine Tilly hat and a Columbia Mens PFG Henry's Fork V Vest

Very impressed with both when out in the sun while at Monsal Head on Sunday.

Jon71

« Reply #41 on: 16:03:39, 12/09/16 »
Some zinc oxide tape lol to stop the blisters forming from new boots (just starting hiking? :) and it works great!

robrymond

« Reply #42 on: 02:39:16, 13/09/16 »
I bought these: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Karrimor-Toledo-Weathertite-Hiking-Shoes/dp/B010AD36N4 from Tog24 at Trentham Gardens, which cost £55. I can see they are cheaper on Amazon but only in Size 12 and the small sizes and I'm Size 11 (which Amazon don't even stock).

I can't actually find this particular boot for sale anywhere else. They feel so comfy and lightweight compared to my old ones (450g). I can even drive in them which is a bonus!

DalesWalesLakesandPeaks

« Reply #43 on: 15:12:48, 29/09/16 »
Sealskinz socks, arrived today from SportPursuit, £17.99.

They're £32 in Cotswold.

Perfect preparation for autumn in Snowdonia.

;D 8)
Twitter: @jonesibfc

sussamb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #44 on: 18:00:33, 29/09/16 »
New compass  O0

My current one is at least 30 years old  :D
Where there's a will ...

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy