Author Topic: [TR] Derwent Valley 2 day circular  (Read 8162 times)

OutdoorsApe

• Veteran Member
Re: [TR] Derwent Valley 2 day circular
« Reply #30 on: 22:25:45, 18/09/12 »
I like your descriptions of Camping, Glamping and Wild Camping made me laugh out loud, and all so true ;)
Looked at your profile, you really are 100's of years old, I take my hat off to you, you don't sound a day of 211 ;)

I used to call Camping, Camping, but a few years ago a arranged a 'camping' trip to various islands in the Hebrides with some friends. Two of them arrived with awnings and another went home when he realised that toilets had to be dug... The only ones that stayed the whole trip were myself and three female friends, the men (other than myself) had issues with 'roughing it' it seems. My female friends hadn't even been 'WildCamping' before, but they did ask me more questions before the trip so were perhaps better informed.

So, WildCamping it is... At least then people who don't know tend to ask "whats that then?"
Nowadays I would call Trenchies Derwent valley camp a WildCamp, but then others would say "if you ain't tarping, your Glamping."

I've been thinking about sausages all day thanks to this TR...
"We shall not cease from exploration. And the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time."

Nearly there

• Veteran Member
« Reply #31 on: 22:53:00, 18/09/12 »
Brilliant TR and photos Richie.......... many thanks for sharing  :) 
I hope you're legs ok now.

I was there with Mrs D last Thursday and Friday.......... we did 72 miles around that area with 5312 metres of ascent .........
our car needs a service now  ;) 
No walking as I had severe back pain !!

Derek

Catbells

• Veteran Member
« Reply #32 on: 09:26:07, 19/09/12 »

I used to call Camping, Camping, but a few years ago a arranged a 'camping' trip to various islands in the Hebrides with some friends. Two of them arrived with awnings and another went home when he realised that toilets had to be dug... The only ones that stayed the whole trip were myself and three female friends, the men (other than myself) had issues with 'roughing it' it seems. My female friends hadn't even been 'WildCamping' before, but they did ask me more questions before the trip so were perhaps better informed.

So, WildCamping it is... At least then people who don't know tend to ask "whats that then?"
Nowadays I would call Trenchies Derwent valley camp a WildCamp, but then others would say "if you ain't tarping, your Glamping."

I've been thinking about sausages all day thanks to this TR...

Yes I agree it does define the difference between the different types of camping, hmm sausages :)
Catbells, a truly lovely walk

Trenchfoot

• Veteran Member
« Reply #33 on: 14:14:30, 21/09/12 »
Brilliant TR and photos Richie.......... many thanks for sharing  :) 
I hope you're legs ok now.

I was there with Mrs D last Thursday and Friday.......... we did 72 miles around that area with 5312 metres of ascent .........
our car needs a service now  ;) 
No walking as I had severe back pain !!

Derek

Thanks Derek  O0

- the knee is still tender thanks for asking, perhaps I should of stayed in my car last weekend also!!! hope the back pain passes soon for you mate.  8)
roll on the weekend

Ridge

• Veteran Member
« Reply #34 on: 17:04:05, 21/09/12 »
I don't know how I've missed reading this TR before but it is great  O0  good to hear that your knee may be sorting it self out.

Trenchfoot

• Veteran Member
« Reply #35 on: 19:10:42, 21/09/12 »
Cheers Ridge..  O0
roll on the weekend

botty

• Veteran Member
« Reply #36 on: 21:34:50, 21/09/12 »
Great report and photos - done all those parts of the Peaks on numerous occasions but never all at once, a very rewarding walk O0

Trenchfoot

• Veteran Member
« Reply #37 on: 21:57:51, 22/09/12 »
Great report and photos - done all those parts of the Peaks on numerous occasions but never all at once, a very rewarding walk O0

thanks Botty, I had been introduced to the area by Sunnydale a few months ago and decided to build on that for this biggie - it was a class walk, very memorable, glad you liked it  O0
roll on the weekend

Michael

« Reply #38 on: 09:53:58, 29/10/12 »
Sorry for the late response to this.  Great pictures really enjoyed your write up and description.  Have done a similar route but spent the night in one of the shooting cabins at Lower Small Clough. 

Trenchfoot

• Veteran Member
« Reply #39 on: 10:39:22, 29/10/12 »
Thanks Michael.  O0

Funny you mention small clough, my original plan was to do just that, but my wrenched knee forced me to shorten the route and climbing involved for the return on the second day, even so a very rewarding weekend backpack.
roll on the weekend

dazednbruised

« Reply #40 on: 19:23:44, 29/10/12 »
I started to read this thinkig this was your TR from this weekend and wanted to cry at what great weather it was... then I checked the date.
Beautiful pictures though Trenchie looks like a fantastic weekend. I loved the waterfall pictures.

Trenchfoot

• Veteran Member
« Reply #41 on: 00:01:42, 30/10/12 »
I started to read this thinkig this was your TR from this weekend and wanted to cry at what great weather it was... then I checked the date.
Beautiful pictures though Trenchie looks like a fantastic weekend. I loved the waterfall pictures.

Thanks DnB, it was a great weekend for weather for sure... The other TR will up soon, I promise lol
roll on the weekend

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy