Author Topic: [ Trip Report ] Saddleworth Moors + Black hill  (Read 7757 times)

Cogstar

• Veteran Member
Re: [ Trip Report ] Saddleworth Moors + Black hill
« Reply #15 on: 22:59:19, 20/07/09 »
I'm not one to cast nasturtiums but.......any reason the big rock in the middle has a purple horseshoe on it and more importantly is defying gravity????;D

your secret is safe with me  :-X  woops

Get Big Picture

radder

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: 00:00:23, 21/07/09 »
Purple Horseshoe...... Cogstar to many late nights me thinks  ;D ;D

genji

• Account Closed
« Reply #17 on: 05:49:16, 21/07/09 »
If this was photoshopped I would have hair! :(

What makes you think it is shopped?
I don't think it is because none of the others are, but you all almost look superimposed against the background. Good photo.
"pain is your bodies way of telling you that it is hurting"

Peakbagger

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: 11:38:52, 21/07/09 »
Purple Horseshoe...... Cogstar to many late nights me thinks  ;D ;D

You mean you can't see it? It's there, just behind the pink elephant... ;D
Current Munro tally: 78 out of 282 completed so far.

All 190 Welsh Nuttalls completed.

TheGUYuk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: 18:15:16, 21/07/09 »

Dont

TheGUYuk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: 18:16:23, 21/07/09 »

Do

radder

• Veteran Member
« Reply #21 on: 18:26:13, 21/07/09 »
You.ve just put me off my tea now with sheer drops and big bum shots  ;D ;D

TheGUYuk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #22 on: 18:38:58, 21/07/09 »

Photoshop

TheGUYuk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #23 on: 18:50:05, 21/07/09 »
This crew got stunman Radder

And Radder's Rock

radder

• Veteran Member
« Reply #24 on: 18:58:47, 21/07/09 »
Back!!! Jim how many more pictures you got then, better watch myself next time I go walking with you  ;)
When I was on about the big bum shot it was the size of the photo not the size of my bum  ;D ;D

TheGUYuk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #25 on: 19:13:39, 21/07/09 »
Back!!! Jim how many more pictures you got then, better watch myself next time I go walking with you  ;)
When I was on about the big bum shot it was the size of the photo not the size of my bum  ;D ;D

Anyone who has read any Terry Pratchet will understand when I say the photos with the Female hikers used alot of Pink!  and this is a family forum.

radder

• Veteran Member
« Reply #26 on: 22:20:45, 21/07/09 »
Anyone who has read any Terry Pratchet will understand
Never heard of him  :-[
One thing Jim with the above photo, Its reminded me that I need to go and get my hair cut  ;D

Dazza

• Veteran Member
« Reply #27 on: 23:02:20, 22/07/09 »
Some cracking shots, I don't believe the photoshop claims. Rocks often seem to defy gravity.

Not... heard... or read... Pratchett.....? Faints. He's good. And funny. If you think he isn't I'll feed you to the luggage.  ;) My kind of humour.

Back from Leeds (well impressed and a lovely city) and doing some catching up. Lovely weekend weather on the horizon, so going to beg to be let off being on call.  ;D

Dazza
--------
These boots were made for walking so that's just what I'll do. After I've re-proofed them of course...

genji

• Account Closed
« Reply #28 on: 10:57:11, 23/07/09 »
Some cracking shots, I don't believe the photoshop claims. Rocks often seem to defy gravity.

I didn't mean to impugn the walkers' claims or the photo's veracity - I was just noting the contrast of the walkers in blue against the moribund chasm they traversed. Plus I'm trying to work out how photoshop can be used to improve the effect of a photo.

Oh, never mind. When you're in a hole...

Not... heard... or read... Pratchett.....? Faints. He's good. And funny. If you think he isn't I'll feed you to the luggage.  ;) My kind of humour.

I didn't get the female hikers reference. I mean, I got it in terms of the little goblins that paint the pictures if the female hikers' clothes were all pink. But if it was a reference to a scene from a book then I don't recall it, and if there was some other underlying meaning it was over my head (or possibly beneath my contempt?).
"pain is your bodies way of telling you that it is hurting"

Dazza

• Veteran Member
« Reply #29 on: 22:32:03, 23/07/09 »
I was mainly replying about the hovering rocks but from a somewhat limited experience it seems to me that without adjustment many cameras emphasise blue - my old dead one did (a pocketable canon), a mates Canon DSLR does and my Nikon does - all to varying degrees ofcourse.  This may explain why the blue t-shirts et al show up very vividly. I actually like the effect so I've not corrected my camera. Ofcourse if it's too much I tweak in photoshop rather than the camera.

Also your screen has a certain bias as well. Not many people calibrate their screens (I don't) and it is surprising how different thing look on different screens. If you use a TFT screen it almost certainly isn't showing true 24-Bit colour, it's likely to be a 16 bit TN panel. Thats a big difference, 65000 colours against 16million and this may be the biggest factor. For the most people this doesn't matter (screens dither the extras pretty well), unless you're a graphics artist I suppose.

If you have Photoshop it's definitely worth learning more as even with my limited use and experience (well lets face it Photoshop is a huge program) you can make some striking changes to images. I always intend to learn more properly, but never seem to have the time.

The pink comment I think refers to the fact that girls of a certain age are magnetically attracted to pink and nothing seems to be able to be done about it. At least I think that's the sort of highly paraphrased quote. I tend to read a couple of books a week during my commute so it's easy to forget - obviously not all pterrys but I'd have a soft spot for him anyway as he replied to an email I sent, thankfully he's a great writer anyway and it is a huge shame about the Alzheimers.

As it's not exactly walking (though sort of photographic),  so we probably ought to take further discussion to PMs so as not to invoke the-wrath-of-mods(tm).

« Last Edit: 22:46:28, 23/07/09 by Dazza »
Dazza
--------
These boots were made for walking so that's just what I'll do. After I've re-proofed them of course...

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy