Author Topic: [Trip Report] - Youlgreave Meet - Neolithic Sites (etc!)  (Read 9556 times)

Mrs Micky (Moosetypes)

Re: [Trip Report] - Youlgreave Meet - Neolithic Sites (etc!)
« Reply #15 on: 22:12:29, 05/09/10 »
Yay! Mrs Micky, you're here O0 O0

Should I ask...  Moosetypes?

All is explained in my 'welcome' post !!!   ;D

Micky

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: 22:21:05, 05/09/10 »

I'm now keeping this walk in mind to take my older two sprogs as I think they'd enjoy this one. O0

Nice one Sioban, let me know when you are planning to come up again and we (me and Mrs micky) will join you for the day. I have other good walks in the Peaks if you fancy it too.

Good to meet you eventually.

I will put some of our pictures on tomorrow when I've got a bit more time.
Expect the best, prepare for the worst.

ImSparticus

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: 22:22:47, 05/09/10 »

Thanks Joe, great walk, the historical printout was a nice touch   I was trying to look into the military history of the inscriptions on that stone. Im away for the next few days so thought id get these up tonight, i did my best and i still have one or two more to post. Nice meeting everyone else

The front of the group head in to the first feature of the walk...."Field of lazy Cows".

Looking back towards Youlgreave.

Would be nice to find some history on this inscription...

There was a rescue by Derbyshire Mountain Rescue....you never know when you need help so always go prepared, we had seen the air ambulance circle and land and eventually came across the landing site as the fallen person had been located. They had to search several spots due to and unclear location,there rescue log reads...

"Sat 4 Sep: Lord's Seat, Rowtor Rocks, Birchover
The team were called to evacuate a 42yo man who had slipped off the top of a large rock formation near to the Druids Inn in Birchover whilst out walking his dog. He had fallen 40ft from the top, hitting two ledges on the way down and sustaining multiple injuries. The man was packaged in a vacuum mattress and carried by stretcher to the waiting DLR air ambulance".

Oh yeh I almost forgot all about this picture....completely slipped my mind...NOT !   Answers on a post card please  :o 
Powered by Espresso !
More than 4000 people are injured by TeaPots each year in the UK!

Glyders

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: 23:34:51, 05/09/10 »
Great pics Starling and Imsparticus.

Thanks for the rescue info.  It's nice to know what happened as we seemed to be amongst the goings on, hope the fellas ok though.

As for the last pic - shall I give a clue????

Nah! keep everyone guessing  ;D 

Nice one Sioban, let me know when you are planning to come up again and we (me and Mrs micky) will join you for the day. I have other good walks in the Peaks if you fancy it too.

Good to meet you eventually.

That'd be great Micky. 

I haven't got a plan as yet as we're should be attending university open days over the next few weeks for my son and I won't know what weekends we're free until he gets his act together  >:( .

But you can count us in for a definate if you have any other ideas too  O0

sgt_pepper46

• Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: 06:23:01, 06/09/10 »

Having 'recharged our spiritual batteries' (- Cliff), we left the moor to descend through the woodland to the

Did i really say that?!?  :-[ ;D , i remember a quote about marsians not existing anymore because nestles had bought them out!.... (requiem...   ::) ;D )

Really good day out, just missed my lad as the day wore on, he'd have loved it with all the girls milling about. (turned out he'd been fine all day  :( ).

Thanks again for the organisation Joe and family, it was a well planned day, you do know that you've set a precedent now? O0

Look forward to seeing you all out on the hills very soon,

Cliff (soon to be sgt_pepper46)
40/214
8/283
13/190
26/253

Ciao Marco

joester

• Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: 09:33:24, 06/09/10 »
Ere, I've just noticed you've got me down as Gilly52 and i'm Gilly62 ...... and you know how sensitive us ladies are about our age,  er no I mean names !!!!!!

Apologies, I realised I'd done that after I'd posted the report and left the house and was thinking about what I'd written. Now corrected!
solvitur ambulando

sgt_pepper46

• Veteran Member
« Reply #21 on: 20:30:48, 06/09/10 »
I got a few photos to share, bit pushed for time so follow the link to my set on Flickr: (i'll put more on when i've got some more spare time)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cliff_pepper/sets/72157624769290443/

BTW, thanks everyone for making me so welcome. (i may even come out of my shell next time and have a proper conversation, one  which doesn't involve me falling over my tongue every time i hit a word with more than one syllabel!  :D )
40/214
8/283
13/190
26/253

Ciao Marco

joester

• Veteran Member
« Reply #22 on: 20:39:18, 06/09/10 »
They're good Cliff, I like your comments.
solvitur ambulando

Requiem

• Veteran Member
« Reply #23 on: 20:44:55, 06/09/10 »
Yep excellent photos all - Maybe next time I'll bring my SD card .. oh and I MAY also charge the camera battery as well.
Doh.
PT Business: poshpollyprints.co.uk
Twitter: @pollardroy
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/roypollard/
Facebook: Roy Pollard

sgt_pepper46

• Veteran Member
« Reply #24 on: 20:46:00, 06/09/10 »
Yep excellent photos all - Maybe next time I'll bring my SD card .. oh and I MAY also charge the camera battery as well.
Doh.

That'll do the trick!  O0 ;D
40/214
8/283
13/190
26/253

Ciao Marco

kkm

« Reply #25 on: 21:14:16, 06/09/10 »

And Me! the teen would enjoy meeting up with your two again :-)

Great trip report and photo's. sad to have missed it, but only just got back from a week away and had to sort out the school uniforms  ???

maybe next time.....

Glyders

• Veteran Member
« Reply #26 on: 22:44:04, 06/09/10 »
I got a few photos to share, bit pushed for time so follow the link to my set on Flickr: (i'll put more on when i've got some more spare time)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cliff_pepper/sets/72157624769290443/

BTW, thanks everyone for making me so welcome. (i may even come out of my shell next time and have a proper conversation, one  which doesn't involve me falling over my tongue every time i hit a word with more than one syllabel!  :D )

Hey! I thought we were had a proper conversation  :o ;D ;D

You've taken some really good pics too - really like the fifth one of Robin Hood's Stride O0

And Me! the teen would enjoy meeting up with your two again :-)

Great trip report and photo's. sad to have missed it, but only just got back from a week away and had to sort out the school uniforms  ???

maybe next time.....

For sure kkm  O0

@Joester and Abs - see what you've started.  I think a Youlgreave neolithic sites walk III is emerging  :D ;D

radder

• Veteran Member
« Reply #27 on: 23:27:22, 06/09/10 »
Another great turn out and report Joe in a fab part of the Peak District  O0   Im guttered I had to miss this meet, but was worth it has Muse at Manchester was bloomin amazing  :)   O0

sgt_pepper46

• Veteran Member
« Reply #28 on: 06:30:56, 07/09/10 »
Hey! I thought we were had a proper conversation  :o ;D ;D

You've taken some really good pics too - really like the fifth one of Robin Hood's Stride O0

Thanks Glyders, and we probably did have a good chat, but my overwhelming memory of meeting people was not being able to string a sentence together properly!  ;D

They're good Cliff, I like your comments.

Thanks Joester  O0
40/214
8/283
13/190
26/253

Ciao Marco

Mrs Pearsy

« Reply #29 on: 09:21:31, 07/09/10 »
Brilliant trip report and piccys.  Gutted we missed this one but we had a wedding to go to.

Hope you didn't get too much of an injury on your bot Abs, please refer to the sweating thread for possible cures  ;D
I love my caravan :)

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy