Author Topic: A Walk to Suilven on a landmark birthday  (Read 1887 times)

Walking Englishman

A Walk to Suilven on a landmark birthday
« on: 11:19:04, 16/02/17 »
If anyone would like to read about my remarkable day on Suilven which I saved especially for my 60th birthday present to myself then I have just posted it at https://www.walkingenglishman.com/scotland14.html

Enjoy.
I'm a walker on the edge of my perception. We're all travellers at the edge of our perceptions.

Innominate Man

• Veteran Member
Re: A Walk to Suilven on a landmark birthday
« Reply #1 on: 22:51:07, 16/02/17 »
I certainly did. Thanks for a really good TR and well done for thinking of such a memorable way of celebrating your birthday.

Only a hill but all of life to me, up there between the sunset and the sea. 
Geoffrey Winthrop Young

Dyffryn Ardudwy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 17:33:27, 27/04/17 »
I am rather envious, as i saw the mountain for the first time, last year, when i was on my way to Ullapool.
Seriously remote, and vistas without equal south of the Scottish border.

When you have travelled up the west coast of Scotland, through Glen Coe, past Fort William, and the Great Glen, nothing in England or Wales can compare with it.

The area around Ben Hope and Suilven, was incredible, but its remoteness would scare me a bit.

What if i turned my ankle, or needed medical help quickly ?.

Jaw dropping scenery, and mountain walking at its finest, but rescue is a long way off, but i suppose, if your afraid of the isolation, you would never have experienced true mountain walking.

At least ive been up Ben Nevis, but to do all the Munroes,,  stuff of dreams.

adalard

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 18:26:24, 27/04/17 »
I must have missed this post here on the forum back in Feb but on following the link, I remember reading it before - probably from your Facebook page, I'd guess.

It was just as enjoyable a trip report the second time round, what a fantastic way to celebrate a birthday and what a breathtaking mountain. It's been on my 'to-do' list since I first saw a picture of it and reports like yours just make me more eager to go there.

Thanks for sharing.  :) O0

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy