Author Topic: Customer service  (Read 1625 times)

coby

Customer service
« on: 17:33:56, 25/02/18 »

Hello all,

I would like to shout out to all retailers who go above and beyond when it comes to customer service. I recently ordered a titanium wind shield from Scramble  for my spider kovea stove. There was an issue with the finish of the product and when i contacted Scramble not only did they replace the wind shield the sent me a rather nice red balaclava....anyone else had recent excellent customer service they wish to share.

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
Re: Customer service
« Reply #1 on: 20:57:04, 25/02/18 »
Can't really say that I have ever had a retailer that has gone 'above and beyond' in customer service. Just unlucky I suppose.

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 21:17:10, 25/02/18 »
For me kudos to Osprey and Pacerpoles.
Osprey replaced a discoloured seal on a water bladder free of charge despite the fact it was several years old, even asking for a photo to make sure they sent the right bit.
I managed to break the plastic wrist loop adjuster on one my Pacerpoles. They sent me two spares by return of post without charge.
Solvitur Ambulando

MudMagnet

« Reply #3 on: 16:38:52, 26/02/18 »
For me it's Alpkit.  I had issues with a failure on a tent which they responded to an email at 20:00 on a Sunday.  It was sent out to them on the Tuesday and was back repaired (in a better way than the original design in my opinion) by the Friday. 

shoarthing

« Reply #4 on: 16:04:40, 13/03/18 »
Hilleberg.

On two different occasions completely replaced a (different) faulty tent. Impeccable service.

MSR and Vaude have stood behind a product with service, too.

Dyffryn Ardudwy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 17:25:12, 13/03/18 »
Grangers reproofing products, based in Derbyshire.
Two years ago i used one of their tried and tested spray on reproofing products, and for some reason it left some terrible marks on my black waterproof.

No amount of washing in the machine would lift them from the fabric.

Their customer service was outstanding.
They wanted to know the batch number of the bottle and where i had bought it, plus a photograph of the heavy staining to show them what happened.

A week later, a cheque for £163 arrived, to replace the jacket, and one very nice letter of apology  from the company owner.

The jacket is still in perfect condition but looks a real eyesore.

That kind of service does not happen very often, with most companies just giving an apology and an excuse that i did not follow the directions on the bottle to the letter.

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 13:13:19, 29/03/18 »
Altberg:
The soles of Mrs Ninthace's Fremington Lady Lites were showing signs of wearing out but the uppers were still in show room condition having been lovingly tended by yours truly so I sent them off to Altberg to be resoled. Normally there is a 2 to 3 week turn round for this service but we just got them back 10 days later and they look brilliant. A whole lot cheaper than buying new boots and a lot more comfortable too since they had been shaped to fit when we bought them.
Solvitur Ambulando

nesty

« Reply #7 on: 14:31:03, 29/03/18 »
I have to say I have had a very pleasurable experience of customer service in Mililets this week in store. Had to exchange a pair of walking shoes. All very straight forward.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy