Author Topic: The road to wellbeing.  (Read 1809 times)

AWC71

The road to wellbeing.
« on: 20:07:03, 09/05/18 »
The walks I will be writing about are part of an exercise in exploring the one place I, like most people, know less well than I should; the town I call home.

They are also based around the unique ability of walking to foster wellbeing. I have adopted the simple principal of trying not to visit places that can’t be easily reached by public transport or require athletic ability.

There is a place for competitive walking where every mile is a challenge. I wish all who go down that route well, I just won’t be going along with them.

For me it is all about a gentle(ish) stroll to somewhere interesting. I don’t know what I'm going to meet along the way, but, hopefully, it’s going to be fun finding out.

PembsWalker

Re: The road to wellbeing.
« Reply #1 on: 20:31:08, 09/05/18 »
Sounds like my kind of walking, off the beaten track, exploring interesting places.

I lived in Swansea for most of my life before moving to Pembrokeshire a few years ago. I know very little of walking Swansea & the Gower, but I know Pembs like the back of my hand now.

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 20:35:00, 09/05/18 »
That's the great thing about walking.  It can be whatever you want it to be.

Long distance
Endurance
Gentle strolls
Exercise
Urban
Parkland
A full day
Half a day
Half an hour!
Mountainous
Undulating
Flat
Muddy!!
Linear
Out and back
Circular
Woodland
Canals
Historic
Green
Bleak
Misty
Sunny
Rainy
Sensory

I'm sure there's much more to add to that list.

All that matters is that you enjoy it  O0

RogerA

« Reply #3 on: 09:46:12, 21/05/18 »
Welcome from North Warwickshire!
I'm not sure the "unique ability of walking to foster wellbeing" sounds accurate to me - I think lots of things probably foster wellbeing ... but then what do I know.I'm glad you enjoy walking, I'm glad I enjoy walking, I'm glad we all enjoy walking ... it is a great pasttime and you're very welcome here.

rosam

« Reply #4 on: 21:21:47, 26/05/18 »
Welcome!
I agree with you, the place we live tends to be the place we don't make an effort to know better. Whatever reason /motive make us go outside and walk is the right one.
Enjoy your walks

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy