Author Topic: Walking shoes  (Read 853 times)

Jcraigharvey

Walking shoes
« on: 09:30:08, 26/05/18 »
Hi
I love walking but have osteoarthritis in my ankles. I want to keep mobile for as long as possible. So I am looking for ultra lightweight, narrow size, very flexible walking shoes....or boots. If anyone has any recommendations I would be very grateful.

zuludog

Re: Walking shoes
« Reply #1 on: 09:41:50, 26/05/18 »
Welcome!

The obvious answer to your problem is to scour the usual outdoor shops & websites, but also look round more general sports shops
You could consider trail shoes and fell running shoes.
See if these can help you -

www.peteblandsports.co.uk    and www.altberg.co.uk

Altberg have a wider range of widths than most stockists, and can do special fittings

Jac

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 12:49:23, 26/05/18 »
I have a pair of Inov8 Roclite 286GTX which have proved fantastic for me - very lightweight, very flexible, (I like to feel the terrain beneath my feet) soles very good non-slip, GTX not as waterproof as leather +GTX. Looking tatty now but have been on some rough trails - Tatra mountains, Dartmoor, Pembrokeshire & SW coastpaths, volcanic El Hierro - 
However, this model seems to have been discontinued to be replaced by 320GTX or 325GTX. Slightly heavier though still half the weight of my 'proper' leather boots.
So many paths yet to walk, so little time left

rosam

« Reply #3 on: 20:54:52, 26/05/18 »
Hi
I love walking but have osteoarthritis in my ankles. I want to keep mobile for as long as possible. So I am looking for ultra lightweight, narrow size, very flexible walking shoes....or boots. If anyone has any recommendations I would be very grateful.
Have you consider to use orthotics / insoles to improve your ankle function? the shoes are not always the only way to help. Also walking poles might help.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy