Author Topic: FOR SALE: USED SCARPA WALKING BOOTS SIZE UK 11 (46)  (Read 1019 times)

SherpaEdmund

Aside from scuffing, the boots are in tact but could do with suede treatment.  The Vibram soles can be replaced.

Made in Romania.

I'd say they're definitely a large size 11 UK (46).  Have to let them go due to aforementioned foot issue.

I'd say the most similar current Scarpa model is the 'Mistral GTX'.

Sensible price would be £30 (plus postage or you can collect from North London - N2)

------------

Mod, I can't post a link to the Imgur showing the boots.  What a waste of time?  2018, and this stuff still isn't figured out!

bricam2096

• Veteran Member
Re: FOR SALE: USED SCARPA WALKING BOOTS SIZE UK 11 (46)
« Reply #1 on: 18:37:52, 12/10/18 »

Mod, I can't post a link to the Imgur showing the boots.  What a waste of time?  2018, and this stuff still isn't figured out!

you can't post a link as you're a new member. This is to stop people (or bots) just joining and posting links (mostly spam)
LDWs done - 32 in total including 16 National Trails and 3 C2C

Wainwrights 176
www.brians-walks.co.uk

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 18:46:40, 12/10/18 »
SherpaEdmund - a waste of who's time? 

SherpaEdmund

« Reply #3 on: 14:06:03, 13/10/18 »
a waste of who's time? 
  My time, of course! 

I spent half an hour cleaning the boots, taking photos, and uploading them to imgur.  In the meantime, your site gets shirty at my ad blocking software!  Well, I haven't disabled it and so no ads for me!  Shame that we can't force the corporations to stop advertising their garbage!  There should be laws to forbid most advertising as it's toxic garbage.

bricam2096

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 14:16:09, 13/10/18 »
I'm pretty sure that if you offer to pay for this site's hosting fees each month the owner would be happy to take the money and have no adverts but the income keeps this site going  O0

no one likes adverts but it's the (online) world that we live in nowadays  ;)
LDWs done - 32 in total including 16 National Trails and 3 C2C

Wainwrights 176
www.brians-walks.co.uk

Rob Goes Walking

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 14:55:03, 13/10/18 »
I spent half an hour cleaning the boots, taking photos, and uploading them to Imgur.

You can directly link images on the forum so rather than post a link to another site you can put the images into the forum post. Upload them to tinypic.com or flickr.com or something (tinypic.com is probably better).

In the meantime, your site gets shirty at my ad blocking software!  Well, I haven't disabled it and so no ads for me!  Shame that we can't force the corporations to stop advertising their garbage!  There should be laws to forbid most advertising as it's toxic garbage.

I've whitelisted this site in my ad blocker and all it does is display an advert at the end of some pages. It's really not intrusive and less annoying than constantly clicking on the ad blocker detected message. If it allows a great resource such as this to exist it's worth it.

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 15:28:40, 13/10/18 »
  My time, of course! 

I spent half an hour cleaning the boots, taking photos, and uploading them to imgur.  In the meantime, your site gets shirty at my ad blocking software!  Well, I haven't disabled it and so no ads for me!  Shame that we can't force the corporations to stop advertising their garbage!  There should be laws to forbid most advertising as it's toxic garbage.

Ahh. So you're miffed because this site's ad and spam blocking protocol is blocking your ad!!

Have you read the forum's rules regarding advertising?

onestep

« Reply #7 on: 17:20:46, 15/10/18 »
Ahh. So you're miffed because this site's ad and spam blocking protocol is blocking your ad!!
:P

Try the facebook group outdoor gear exchange.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy