Author Topic: Where are you good people walking DURING the week?  (Read 278657 times)

cornwallcoastpathdweller

Re: Where are you good people walking DURING the week?
« Reply #1290 on: 21:29:11, 17/07/20 »
Well I have been here Six years now and only just noticed it.

Go to your profile page.

Modify profile, Group Membership, can be found on the Right hand side of the page.

You can apply for access to the meet ups board from there.

If we are not Black Balled, then I hope to discuss further with you and Mel and others there. O0

well id certainly be up for a group stroll, i tend to walk the swcp 99% of the time as its on my doorstep but happy enough to try something different some place else.  Have access to the meets bit now too.

Short local walk for me tomorrow, just from home to Trenance lake, https://www.visitnewquay.org/things-to-do/trenance-gardens-and-leisure-park-p652923  

round trip of 3 miles as ive got a 4am start on Sunday for a drive to the Midlands, need to bank a bit of energy for that.

one step then another then another then a bench - please?

fit old bird

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1291 on: 10:29:34, 18/07/20 »
Back from three days away. Great campsite between Langton and Menethorpe, a few miles south of Norton/Malton. http://thornthorpecaravanpark.co.uk/
Three days walking, 28 miles total. Parts of the centenary Way. . Sunshine, villages, farmland. I'll put some photo's and videos on the blog in the next few days.

ilona

SteamyTea

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1292 on: 12:25:41, 18/07/20 »
Well I have been here Six years now and only just noticed it.

Go to your profile page.

Modify profile, Group Membership, can be found on the Right hand side of the page.

You can apply for access to the meet ups board from there.

If we are not Black Balled, then I hope to discuss further with you and Mel and others there. O0
Shall look into it when I get home. Though work rather gets in the way this time of year, roll on October.

Just got home, been in less than 5 minutes, or just enough time to start cooking something for lunch, power cut.
Seems I better go out again, bloody starving.
I don't use emojis, irony is better, you decide

cornwallcoastpathdweller

« Reply #1293 on: 22:32:53, 18/07/20 »
Shall look into it when I get home. Though work rather gets in the way this time of year, roll on October.

Just got home, been in less than 5 minutes, or just enough time to start cooking something for lunch, power cut.
Seems I better go out again, bloody starving.

Better get the stove and headtorch out Steamy and have a 'wild camp' in the lounge, grab them opportunities  O0

SteamyTea

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1294 on: 07:12:30, 19/07/20 »

Better get the stove and headtorch out Steamy and have a 'wild camp' in the lounge, grab them opportunities  O0
I find sleeping a power cut off is the quickest way to fix it.
I don't use emojis, irony is better, you decide

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1295 on: 08:57:49, 20/07/20 »
Planning a wild camp at the head of lonely Hayes Water with my youngest son, just for the fun of it.
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

cornwallcoastpathdweller

« Reply #1296 on: 18:52:50, 21/07/20 »
Newquay to Treyarnon Bay again for me in the morning, 6am start so the dog doesnt get too hot in the (hopefully) blistering sunshine thats not forecast ;)

watershed

« Reply #1297 on: 19:12:45, 21/07/20 »
I had the honour of being asked to accompany my 9 year old Grand daughter on her first ascent of Shetland highest hill today.
She really enjoyed it and loved crawling into the Chambered Cairn to Shelter from a short shower that came over as we reached the top.

Little Foot

« Reply #1298 on: 19:24:37, 21/07/20 »
Very cute Watershed. She looks like she is enjoying herself more than my lad does, but then he is a teen.  :(

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1299 on: 20:24:18, 21/07/20 »
Lovely photos, it's nice to see kids out and about.

Since lockdown, I haven't hiked, I've only run off-road. I changing this from tomorrow and I've decided to change my mind about travelling on my local trains as well. I'm catching the direct 5 a.m train to Winchester tomorrow and I'm then going to hike the South Downs Way to Petersfield. I'll then catch a train back home, or if I don't make it I'll phone my wife and she'll pick me up.

I had thought of walk/running it but my wife says no!

I know that I need to do this because if I don't I also know that I'll keep finding reasons to put off going on an extended hike this year.

Little Foot

« Reply #1300 on: 20:32:58, 21/07/20 »
5am!  :o  I don't think you'll regret using the train GWM. It's never felt unsafe or awkward when I've used them. All the staff have been nice too and never given the impression I shouldn't be using the service.

I'm thinking of going for a walk around Burton Agnes this week. I am not sure it will be easy to convince my lad to come along though. The dog will hopefully appreciate it a bit more.

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1301 on: 20:54:41, 21/07/20 »
Today we celebrated a significant personal chronological milestone (the one day of the year when Mrs N pays the restaurant bill) with a walk off the side of Exmoor to complete the penultimate loop in the "Two Moors Way to the north coast by circular walks" project that I started last week by accident.  One more and we can start on joining the our existing walks to the south - a far more significant undertaking as the gaps are larger and less attractive from a walking perspective. I may try tying the Tarka Trail as well.
Solvitur Ambulando

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1302 on: 21:18:02, 21/07/20 »
I had the honour of being asked to accompany my 9 year old Grand daughter on her first ascent of Shetland highest hill today.
She really enjoyed it and loved crawling into the Chambered Cairn to Shelter from a short shower that came over as we reached the top.....

Great stuff, watershed - looks as if she loved it!

Ronas Hill feels far bigger than it's modest height.
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1303 on: 21:57:46, 21/07/20 »
She really enjoyed it and loved crawling into the Chambered Cairn to Shelter from a short shower that came over as we reached the top.

A new adventurer. Lovely photos.  O0

watershed

« Reply #1304 on: 08:02:05, 22/07/20 »
Thanks everybody,
yes she loved it.
Ronas is a lovely first Hill.
It feels bigger than it is, very much like the Cairngorms on top, Sub Artic feel due to the Latitude.
The Adventure only really begins when you get out over the back of it, so much to see, cliffs Lochs, beach, stacks, waterfalls and the wildlife. No Ticks thank goodness.
Another year or two and She might be exploring over there.

Happy walking!

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy