Author Topic: Where are folks walking this weekend?  (Read 573326 times)

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
Re: Where are folks walking this weekend?
« Reply #2730 on: 23:22:41, 06/08/19 »

Pete Merrick.
Not on the list yet. Still time though. :)

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2731 on: 21:55:39, 18/08/19 »
Out covering a few more miles of SWCP yesterday, with MrsG and our daughter. Constantine bay to Bedruthan Steps, nice easy section that.

Back on Dartmoor this morning getting in some final training for the Dartmoor Highground Marathon.  Just 11 miles but at a fair old lick.  Met another competitor, well he came past me and we chatted for the climb up sheep's tor, it will be his third running.  I feel a little less crazy for signing up now. Lol

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2732 on: 19:33:25, 15/09/19 »
Just back from a lovely weekend of walking on the North Yorkshire coast.  Yesterday we did a Flamborough / Danes Dyke circuit and today we did a Cloughton / Hayburn Wyke circuit.  I'd forgotten just how uppy and downy coastal clifftop walks can be!

Rob Goes Walking

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2733 on: 18:52:13, 28/09/19 »
Walked up Haystacks today. Supposedly Wainwrights favourite. It's not my favourite but the views were pretty fine.

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2734 on: 20:08:54, 29/09/19 »
Full day ahd a good long walk on Dartmoor today.  New boots passed with flying colours.  Right calf muscle also passed with flying colours.  Weather was perfect,............. For surfing.  O0

wombat

« Reply #2735 on: 22:25:55, 30/09/19 »
Hopefully taking a mate up Whernside on Saturday as part of his three peaks practice, if bad weather probably a walk in the Malham area :)

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2736 on: 12:13:48, 01/10/19 »
I'm going back to Queen Elizabeth Country Park, near Petersfield, by bus to Clanfield first, then will either run or walk into the park, I've not decided yet. Its the best time of the year, the leaf colours can be fantastic. Halfway around I'll stop at the Visitor Centre cafe for coffee and cake and then decide my way back, either to return to Clanfield, make my way to Horndean, or to finish at Rowlands Castle.

Warbler

« Reply #2737 on: 14:20:17, 01/10/19 »
I'm going back to Queen Elizabeth Country Park, near Petersfield, by bus to Clanfield first, then will either run or walk into the park, I've not decided yet. Its the best time of the year, the leaf colours can be fantastic. Halfway around I'll stop at the Visitor Centre cafe for coffee and cake and then decide my way back, either to return to Clanfield, make my way to Horndean, or to finish at Rowlands Castle.
I'm intending doing a walk from East Meon this weekend, so will be looking down on you from atop Butser Hill.

Rob Goes Walking

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2738 on: 18:24:20, 05/10/19 »
Walked up Grange Fell and Great Crag today with a friend I made at the Ramblers.

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2739 on: 19:32:51, 05/10/19 »
If the weather forecast holds we are going back to the Quantock Hills.  I have plotted a route that is predominantly good tracks and has no fords in an effort to stay out of the mud.
Solvitur Ambulando

GnP

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2740 on: 19:40:30, 05/10/19 »
My better half, daughter & myself are visiting the crooked church at Cwmyoy, Wales for a few pics, then onto Llanthony Priory to do a 6 mile loop in the Black Mountains, tomorrow...forecast is sunny with moderate winds...so chilly at the top.

I am so looking forward to it as I was laid up for a spell but now I`m really getting back into things...the Black Mountains, is an area I used to day dream about when stuck at home.. :D
A night under silnylon. Doesn't have the same ring to it.

jontea

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2741 on: 21:48:16, 05/10/19 »
Back from a 10 mile walk up Bonscale Pike, and taking in Arthur’s Pike, Loadpot Hill and Steel Knotts.

It was while planning this walk, I decided what my final Wainwright would be. Hallin Fell. I still have 59 to do yet, but you’ve got to think about these things  ::)
Walking is the world’s oldest exercise and today’s modern medicine.

https://www.johntrowsdaleart.com/

Instagram  jontea62

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2742 on: 18:54:42, 06/10/19 »
Out tor bagging today.  What a beautiful day it was too.  That was an unexpected treat, sun and a pleasant cooling breeze all day long.  Amazing how pretty the old Imiris workings are now.  Not walked across the site very much and not that route before.

Lee R

« Reply #2743 on: 19:33:29, 06/10/19 »
We just managed a local one near to Winscombe in Somerset - Not quite at Crook Peak. Still got 5¼ miles in though with a nice lunch stop in a disused quarry. Was much prettier than it sounds!

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2744 on: 11:29:08, 13/10/19 »
Wizzed up Roughtor and Brown Willie yesterday.  Enjoyed it so much, when I got back to the car I turned around and did it again.  Got a few encouraging comments from folk I ment two or three times.

Horrid weather this morning may pop out on Dartmoor after lunch, if the sun comes out?

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy